Ikinari Dango. Ikinari Dango is a local dish in Kumamoto Prefecture, Kyushu. Ikinari means 'suddenly' and it implies you can make the dish quickly when you have unexpected. (Ikinari-dango, いきなり団子). Typically served warm, the chewy ikinari dango is a Japanese steamed confectionery made with a thick slice of yellow sweet potato, topped with a layer of red bean.
Other trivia and tips of this dish please log on to: http. Sweet potato and sweet bean paste are wrapped in a slightly salty dough for a refined and delicious flavor. A regional confection of Kumamoto that has been handed down over the ages. You can have Ikinari Dango using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ikinari Dango
- You need 300 grams of Japanese sweet potato.
- You need 1 tbsp of per slice of sweet potato Macrobiotic anko paste.
- You need of Mochi.
- Prepare 130 grams of White (cake) flour.
- You need 100 grams of Mochko (brown rice mochi flour).
- You need 1 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
- You need 110 ml of or more Lukewarm water.
Sweet potato and red bean paste packed together in a delicious dango. Normally "Ikinari" means "suddenly", but here it means "simple". no need to rush. it's not simple being this lazy. Ikinari Dango is a local dish in Kumamoto Prefecture, Kyushu! Sweet potato and sweet red beans are great combination!
Ikinari Dango instructions
- Prepare the macrobiotic anko paste (Refer to. Mash to desired consistency. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/156109-macrobiotic-anko-sweet-adzuki-bean-paste.
- To make the dough: Combine the cake flour, mochiko, and salt in a bowl, with a whisk until even. Mix in the vegetable oil..
- Knead in lukewarm water, a little at a time, until the mochi reaches the firmness of your earlobes. Roll into a log, then let rest for 30 minutes..
- Use sweet potatoes with a diameter of about 5 cm. Slice into 1 cm thin rounds, then soak in water..
- Wipe excess water from the surface of the sweet potato slices, then top with 1 tablespoon anko paste for each slice..
- Divide the dough into the number of sweet potato slices. Roll out the dough with a rolling pin, then wrap the sweet potatoes with the anko side down..
- Line the steamer with parchment paper, then steam for about 15-20 minutes until the sweet potatoes become soft..
- They are sweet and delicious right out of the steamer. Be sure to leave ample space between the dango or else they will stick together..
Follow Cooking with Dog for the. Here is yet another unique Japanese Kit Kat flavor! This flavor is designed to taste like ikinari dango, or mochi filled with sweet potato and azuki red bean. Шашлычки из моти-колобков. Your Ikinari Dango stock images are ready. Download all free or royalty-free photos and vectors.