Smooth and Delicious Chewy Dango. This DANGO was very chewy and sweet and salty. It's a FUN and EASY ACTIVITY for families or college students to make! I post mukbangs, cooking shows, or food adventures once a week.
This treat was brought to Hawaii from Japan and was adopted to the island's culture. Chewy dango made with only two ingredients – tofu and glutinous rice flour! Flavour the super chewy mochi with soy sauce or sweet red bean paste and enjoy! You can cook Smooth and Delicious Chewy Dango using 3 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Smooth and Delicious Chewy Dango
- Prepare 100 grams of Dangoko.
- It’s 1 of +4 tablespoons ◆Shiratamako.
- You need 1 of as indicated on the dango flour package + 4 tablespoons ◆Water.
Dango is a general name for small ball-shaped mochi dumplings. Usually the mochi itself is not sweetened, but toppings and sauces are. Dango can be made from different types of flour like Mochiko or Shiratamako which are made from sweet rice, and Joshinko from Japanese sticky rice. Azuki beans, baking soda, butter, corn syrup, flour, glutinous rice flour, rice syrup, salt, sugar, vanilla extract, vegetable oil, water..dango for its shape, which dango is "dumplings" are usually in a round ball shape. if i had to compare it to anything hmmm what would it be . im really not sure haha but its soft and a little chewy and the filling is smooth.
Smooth and Delicious Chewy Dango instructions
- Mix the rice dumpling flour and shiratama flour together. Add water, and knead until it is about as soft as an earlobe..
- Stretch it out with a rolling pin, cut into approximate sizes, and roll into balls. Boil the balls for the amount of time indicates on the package..
- When removing the rice dumplings from the pot, you can make them more gooey by cooking in ice water..
- Lastly, drain the water and cover with your favorite sauce along with kinako soy flour, and enjoy the rice dumplings. You're finished!.
- Mitarashi sauce. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/149409-mitarashi-sweet-soy-sauce-syrup-for-dango-dumplings.
- You can brown the rice dumplings on an electric grill as well..
- I buy this for about a euro at an Asian shop. 水磨糯米 = Shiratamako. 水磨粘米 = Joshinko.
Source(s): my source is japan town san francisco with it delicious mochi with anko. Mix the dango ingredients and knead with your hand until the dough becomes smooth. My mother had this cutest Korilakkuma tea cup. Of course I had to pour some Japanese tea in it to go with my dango. This chewy and delicious dango is your must try next time you feel like cooking!!