Round Kushi-Dango for Moon-Viewing Parties.
You can cook Round Kushi-Dango for Moon-Viewing Parties using 9 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Round Kushi-Dango for Moon-Viewing Parties
- You need of Dango:.
- You need 240 grams of Dangoko.
- Prepare 170 grams of Water.
- It’s 1 of Sugar.
- You need of Mitarashi sauce:.
- It’s 2 1/2 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- It’s 50 grams of Castor sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Katakuriko.
- Prepare 120 grams of Water.
Round Kushi-Dango for Moon-Viewing Parties instructions
- Pour water into the dangoko (if you're mixing in the sugar, add it at this point). Mix it together with a wooden spatula, and knead with your hands..
- Knead until it's about the same consistency as your earlobes..
- Once you're done kneading, roll it up into balls (about 18 g each). Drop into boiling water. After the dango float up to the water's surface, simmer them for five more minutes..
- When done, transfer them to cold water to let them cool down..
- Once cooled, drain, and poke through with a skewer..
- To make the mitarashi sauce, add the caster sugar and katakuriko into a pot, and mix until even. Add water to dissolve, then add the soy sauce. Heat and simmer until the mixture becomes thick and transparent..
- Toast the dango lightly over a grilling rack. This step is optional..
- Serve with lots of mitarashi sauce, and enjoy!.
- Sesame Dango: Add lots of ground sesame seeds into the mitarashi sauce, and it's done!.
- Kinako: Combine equal amounts of kinako and caster sugar and coat the dango with the mixture. Adjust the sweetness to suit your taste..
- Koshi-An: Add sugar to powdered koshi-an, and adjust to your preferred consistency by adding hot water. Serve the dango with plenty of this powdered koshi-an, and enjoy!.
- Edamame Paste: Mash some boiled edamame, and combine with caster sugar to make edamame paste. Serve the dango with plenty of this edamame paste, and enjoy!.
- Yomogi and Tsubuan: Serve the yomogi dango with lots of tsubu-an and enjoy! Please refer to this recipe for tsubu-an -..