So Fluffy ~ Chewy White Shiratamako Dango.
You can have So Fluffy ~ Chewy White Shiratamako Dango using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of So Fluffy ~ Chewy White Shiratamako Dango
- Prepare 150 grams of Shiratamako.
- Prepare 200 grams of Tofu.
- Prepare 100 ml of A. Water (for the mitarashi sauce).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of B. Soy sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of C. Sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of D. Mirin.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Katakuriko.
So Fluffy ~ Chewy White Shiratamako Dango instructions
- Knead the shiratamako and tofu in a bowl. Since the moisture content depends on the type of tofu used, add a small amount at a time..
- Mix the flour and tofu well by hand. If the dough is not holding together, add more tofu..
- Knead until well formed. Then roll into small balls..
- 150 g of flour should yield about 24 dango that are 2 cm in diameter..
- Boil water in a pot and cook the dango..
- Shortly after they begin to float, take them out of the water..
- Cool in an ice bath. Do not keep them in cold water for a long time..
- For the mitarashi sauce, put all ingredients A to D into a pot and simmer. Add katakuriko dissolved in water to thicken the sauce at the end..
- I made this pictured version by mixing steamed kabocha pumpkin with the shiratamako. They have such a nice color and would look great served with the white tofu shiratama dango..