Mitarashi Dango with Shiratamako & Silken Tofu. Mix the shiratamako and silken tofu together. Once the clumps of tofu have incorporated into the dough, wet your hands to adjust the moisture. Mitarashi Dango is a traditional Japanese rice dumpling skewered on a bamboo stick and covered in a sweet soy glaze.
Mitarashi Kushi Dango is a traditional wagashi (Japanese sweet). Round dumplings are generally called dango, and kushi dango means This recipe uses two types of flour: Shiratamako is from sweet rice/glutinous Japanese short-grain rice, and Joshinko is from regular short-grain Japanese rice. Mitarashi dango, however, are my absolute favorite traditional. You can cook Mitarashi Dango with Shiratamako & Silken Tofu using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mitarashi Dango with Shiratamako & Silken Tofu
- Prepare 85 grams of Shiratamako.
- Prepare 85 grams of Silken tofu.
- Prepare 1 of Water.
- Prepare of For the mitarashi dango sauce:.
- You need 1 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of Mirin.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Katakuriko.
- Prepare 50 ml of Water.
Shiratamako (白玉粉）is sweet or glutinous rice flour, or mochiko , mixed with a little corn starch or potato starch. The dumplings are skewered on a bamboo stick and enjoyed all year round. Chewy & gooey in texture, this type of mochi uses glutinous rice flour made from shiratamako or mochiko. Mitarashi Dango is one of the many very traditional Japanese Mochi sweets.
Mitarashi Dango with Shiratamako & Silken Tofu instructions
- Mix the shiratamako and silken tofu together. Once the clumps of tofu have incorporated into the dough, wet your hands to adjust the moisture, until the dough reaches the firmness of your earlobe..
- Divide the dough from Step 1 into 12 portions, roll into balls, and boil the dango in boiling water. Leave the dango boiling (for about 2 minutes) once they float to the top. Once they are thoroughly cooked, cool in ice cold water..
- Thoroughly stir the ingredients for the sauce, pour it into a pan, and simmer over low-medium heat until the sauce thickens, stirring occasionally..
- Skewer the dango from Step 2, arrange on a serving plate, and pour the sauce from Step 3 to finish..
Small round Mochi balls are skewered on bamboo sticks and covered with a gooey sweet and salty brown sauce. Mitarashi Dango is a great snack and quite satisfying without being overly sweet. Mix the ingredients together and knead to form a dough. Adjust the texture by adding more shiratamako or water, until the texture. Mitarashi Dango. (sladké rýžové knedlíčky).používáme mouku z lepkavé rýže Shiratamako.