Mitarashi Dango. This video will show you how to make Mitarashi Dango, small round Mochi balls skewed on bamboo sticks and covered with a gooey sweet and salty brown sauce. Mitarashi Dango (みたらし団子) is a type of dango, sweet rice dumplings, skewered onto a bamboo stick. What I like about Mitarashi Dango are its contrasting textures and flavors.
Mitarashi Kushi Dango is a traditional wagashi (Japanese sweet). Mitarashi Kushi Dango originated in the. Traditional mitarashi dango, or sweet soy sauce glazed rice dumplings, are springtime favourites in Chewy, sweet and filled with umami flavour, mitarashi dango are another reason for you to love the. You can have Mitarashi Dango using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mitarashi Dango
- You need of Dango.
- It’s 1 cup of Hot Water (170° F).
- You need 1 cup of Rice Flour.
- You need of Mitarashi Sauce.
- You need 2 1/2 tbsp of Soy Sauce.
- You need 1/2 cup of Water.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Cornstarch or Potato Starch.
- It’s 6 of Bamboo Sticks.
This is my first time seeing tofu used as a dango ingredient; i am interested in trying it out! Mitarashi dango is a popular Japanese treat which consists of skewered rice cakes covered in a sweet, sticky soy sauce glaze. Mitarashi Dango Planet (みたらし団子星 Mitarashi Dango Boshi) is a collection of edible skewered planets resembling mitarashi dango. Because of its mysterious nature as a space ingredient, few details are known about it.
Mitarashi Dango instructions
- In a bowl mix the Rice Flour and Hot water together. You may,use your hands when it cools down. Mix until it is hard as your earlobe..
- Shape the dough into bite sized balls, and over medium heat steam the balls for about 25 minutes..
- Tip: When you take them out for mashing; if they break apart and are hard, STOP, leave them as is and stick them onto moist bamboo sticks..
- Take them out and mash them together. If its too hot you may dip it into cold water. Knead the dough..
- Roll into a stick form, cut into bite sized pieces with a wet knife, to avoid sticking. Shape the pieces into balls and put them onto a moist bamboo stick..
- For the Mitarashi Sauce, pour water into a pot..
- Then pour in the soy sauce..
- Next the sugar..
- And cornstarch or potatostarch..
- Boil and mix till the sauce thickens..
- Pour onto the dango balls, and Enjoy..
To obtain mitarashi dango, brush them with a syrup made of soy sauce, sugar and starch. Delicious dango of various types can be savored at home with this easy recipe. Sweet Japanese dango dumpling "Mitarashi Dango" recipe with tofu step by step photos and an Name : Mitarashi Dango(みたらしだんご) Location : Matsubara Street(Kiyomizu-dera Street), Kyoto. Митараси данго / Mitarashi dango / みたらしだんご. #art #japanese food #dango #sanshoku dango #mitarashi dango #food #myart #mine. Want to see more posts tagged #mitarashi dango? Grilled dango in sweet soy sauce, usually served four on a skewer.