Gyros from ground meat. I started with this ground beef gyros recipe from Taste of Home, but decided to use fresh garlic and Kosher salt, and to add both parsley and rosemary in an effort to You of course don't get the same texture with ground beef gyros as with your usual blended and processed gyro meat, but the flavor. Ultimate Gyros are a dish that I have been wanting to make for a long time now. Blend ground beef and ground lamb with onion, garlic, rosemary, and marjoram in a food processor to get gyros-style meat in your home kitchen.
Like shawarma and tacos al pastor, it is derived from the lamb-based doner kebab. In Greece it is now most often pork or chicken, whilst beef, chicken, and lamb are common in other countries. For this ground beef gyros recipe adapted from Food.com, spiced meat is stuffed into pitas with lettuce, tomato, and onion, served with yogurt sauce. You can cook Gyros from ground meat using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Gyros from ground meat
- Prepare 1/2 kg of ground pork.
- You need 1/2 kg of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of allspice.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of curry powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of oregano.
- It’s 1 tsp of sweet pepper.
- It’s 1 pinch of ground cloves.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare 4-5 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs.
- It’s 1/3 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 of egg.
Like other meats, the best way to thaw ground beef is to leave it in the refrigerator. If you're in a pinch, take out your frozen meat and place it on a. In separate bowl, combine ground beef and seasonings. Place ground meat, onions, garlic, and spices in a stand mixer.
Gyros from ground meat instructions
- Mix all the ingredients into a well combined mixture..
- Divide it into two halves and make two long rolls..
- Place them in a non-stick baking pan and bake in the oven at 200°C for about 50 minutes..
- Cut the gyro into slices after you let it cool for a while and serve in pita bread..
- IT goes great with parsley, onion, cabbage and soumac..
If you don't have a stand mixer, it's okay. Either use a hand mixer, or just beat. Turn your freezer hamburger meat into a Mediterranean masterpiece! These Ground Beef Gyros were born out of several very real needs in our life. First, the need to use ground beef.