Lamb Souvlaki. A delicious Greek lamb souvlaki, served with British winter veg inside a homemade flatbread. Learn how to make grilled lamb souvlaki and a Greek salad with this recipe from Giannis Kotsos of Lamb Souvlaki with Greek Salad. Transport yourself to Greece with this recipe from Miami's Meraki.
The most important step in making the perfect. Marinated succulent lamb, juicy and beautifully charred. These Greek Lamb Souvlaki Kebabs are so tasty. You can cook Lamb Souvlaki using 18 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lamb Souvlaki
- It’s of sauce.
- It’s 1 of Tzatziki sauce.
- It’s 1 of cucumber.
- Prepare 500 ml of greek yoghurt.
- Prepare 6 of garlic cloves chopped fine.
- It’s 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- It’s of meat.
- It’s 1 kg of diced lamb.
- It’s 4 of chopped tomatoe.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of black pepper.
- You need of oegano.
- Prepare of thyme.
- Prepare of rosemary.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 of fresh lemon juice.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
Cook them on the BBQ for added flavour! Greek lamb souvlaki – think tender pieces of lamb marinated in a Greek lemon vinaigrette, then threaded on Nutritional Information. Greek Lamb Souvlaki is the dish that introduced me to Greek Food, and I've been Greek Lamb Souvlaki (or Souvlakia) is the first Greek food I remember ever tasting as a college student, and it. Justine Schofield's simple Lamb Souvlaki is the ultimate BBQ dinner, served with a delicious Greek salad and garlic yoghurt Tzatziki sauce.
Lamb Souvlaki step by step
- The lemon juice goes in the Tzatziki sauce..
- Place lamb tomatoe salt pepper all the herbs and spices in bowl leave to marinate in olive oil.I like to leave it for a good few hours..
- For the sauce grate cucumber dont use seeds.They make it watery.Drain. cucumber..
- Add yoghurt, olive oil,garlic, salt to taste. Mix all together..
- Fry meat in hot pan it already has oil on it.Fry chopped onions if you like them or leave them raw..
- Lightly oil pita bread.Fry till golden only takes a few mins so watch carefully..
- As pita is cooked get out of pan roll into cone shape carefully using paper towels..
- Fill with alternate layers of meat & tomatoe plus onion.And the Tzatziki sauce.Also with chopped lettuce..
- I love lemon so sometimes squeeze that over the finished souvlaki.Also for those who have home made tomatoe sauce some of that can go on..
- When I made chicken souvlakis I added homemade plum sauce a friend had given me as well..
- You can also add fresh chopped tomatoe to it..
- This is for 4 people just halve ingredients for 2.I often use 2 lamb steaks for the meat when only making 2..
- Garnish with basil if you like it..
Lamb Souvlaki – the best lamb you will ever eat. We made lamb souvlaki pizza with tzatziki sauce which you will see in of my next posts, so stay tuned to see the most delicious pizza ever. Lamb souvlaki by Greek chef Akis Petretzikis. The juiciest, softest and tender Greek lamb souvlaki, marinated in an aromatic and super delicious marinade. This is one of my favourite food memories from when we were island hopping around Greece and something we have made regularly ever since coming home.