Gyros (greek meat fry). A gyro or gyros is a Greek dish made from meat cooked on a vertical rotisserie. Like shawarma and tacos al pastor, it is derived from the lamb-based doner kebab. Gyros is derived from the Greek word gheereezo, meaning to turn, referring to the constantly rotating vertical spit on which the meat is cooked.
Greek Gyros how to marinate and cook on a charcoal spit. This Greek-American take on the dish uses ground lamb or beef and is quick and easy to make in a home kitchen. Gyros are a delicious sandwich for lunch or dinner, with spiced, grilled meat topped For best results, let the uncooked meat mixture marinate for an hour before grilling or pan-frying. You can have Gyros (greek meat fry) using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Gyros (greek meat fry)
- It’s of Seasoning.
- You need 2 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1 tsp of dry basil.
- It’s 1 tsp of dry rosemary.
- You need 1 tsp of dry parsley.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dry tyme.
- It’s 1 tsp of oregano.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare of Meat.
- Prepare 2 lb of pork.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of vegetable oil.
The marinade for this Greek Chicken Gyros recipe is so good, I use it even when I'm not making gyros! Recipe v Video v Dozer v. Honestly, that juicy meat, refreshing tzatziki and handful of cheeky fries all wrapped up in bread heaven (aka Greek pita flatbreads) from that tiny little Pork – Rolled boneless shoulder of pork (skin on) is a great cut of meat for homemade gyros. There's usually some marbling of fat in this cut – that will add.
Gyros (greek meat fry) instructions
- Combine all spices..
- Remove undesired fat from meat and cut up into stripes about 1/4" thick and 2-3" long. Put into a bowl with a cover..
- Add about 1-2 tablespoons of seasoning and oil to meat and mix until all meat is coated..
- Cover bowl and let marinate for a few hours or overnight in the fridge. Stir every once in a while..
- Fry up on medium heat. Use in different gyros dishes. Stay tuned for recipes..
In Greece, gyros is also a type of fast food. Gyros turns, cooks and becomes a sandwich for hungry passers-by. Sacks of chips are fried in nearby professional chip fryers, while the pita In the Greek gyros, the pita bread is not cut open to insert the meat and vegetables, That is the Cypriot pita, which. Gyros are the most popular Greek sandwich and it is very easy to make. In Greece, layers of meat are roasted on a spit then sliced and served in a pita Feel free to use all lamb or all-beef to make your gyro meat.