Chicken Tortilla Soup.
You can cook Chicken Tortilla Soup using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Tortilla Soup
- You need 1 1/2 lb of Chicken breast.
- You need 1 of Chicken bouillon ( as needed ).
- It’s 1 1/2 gallon of Water.
- You need 1 each of Salsa casera ( I use Herdez 16 oz ).
- Prepare 4 each of Serrano peppers ( or any pepper ).
- It’s 3 tsp of Minced garlic ( I use the one in a can ).
- It’s 1 of as needed Cooking oil.
- You need 2 each of Avocados.
- Prepare 10 of as needed Corn tortillas.
- You need 1 bunch of Cilantro.
Chicken Tortilla Soup step by step
- Begin by cutting the peppers into very small pieces. I usually accomplish this by cutting the pepper in half then slicing longwise then cutting across into small pieces. Heat some oil in the pot and sauté the garlic and peppers at a medium heat for about 3 minutes or until the garlic is golden brown..
- Add water to the pot and bring to a boil. Rinse chicken and add to the pot along with the chicken bouillon. Add as desired. I personally use a good amount, about 1/2 a cup for 1.5 gallons of water..
- Simmer the pot contents on med low heat for approximately 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked..
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove from pot. Once the chicken is cool, shred the chicken then add back into the pot..
- Meanwhile, open the salsa container and pour into the blender. Blend well for approximately one minute. Use strainer to trap the large pieces of salsa..
- In a separate pot, heat up oil and begin deep frying the tortillas. About 30 seconds on each side on medium high heat or until golden brown. Place cooked tortillas on a paper towel to soak up excess oil..
- Cut up cooked tortillas into bite size pieces. Pour soup into a bowl and add tortillas. Garnish with cilantro and avocado, enjoy!.