Huevos Rancheros by #diningwithdaveh.
You can cook Huevos Rancheros by #diningwithdaveh using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Huevos Rancheros by #diningwithdaveh
- It’s 4 of mushrooms.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- You need 2 of birdseye chilli.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 of green bellpepper.
- You need 1 of red bellpepper.
- You need 1 of olive oil.
- You need 1 of salt.
- It’s 1 of cracked black pepper.
- You need 4 of large eggs.
- You need 2 can of chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 1/4 bunch of fresh coriander.
- Prepare 4 of tortillas.
- Prepare 1 cup of grated cheese.
- It’s of tabasco sauce.
- It’s 1 of lime.
Huevos Rancheros by #diningwithdaveh step by step
- Finely chop onions, peppers, chillis, garlic and mushrooms (you can add or subtract chillis as required, or even change types, but I'd recommend using at least one). Slice lime into quarters and place in the fridge.
- Add 2 or 3 decent chugs of olive oil to a large wok and put on high heat.
- Add chopped onion, peppers, chillis, garlic and mushrooms, then stir fry on mid to high heat for 10 mins to caramelise.
- Add both cans of tomatoes, plus salt and pepper to taste. Bring to the boil, and then simmer on low to mid heat for 8 mins to allow mixture to reduce.
- Once mixture has reduced to an almost stew-like consistency, use a large spoon, or other rounded utensil to make 4 pockets in the mixture (you'll know when it's ready, as the pockets will more or less keep their shape and not dissolve).
- As quickly as possible, crack all 4 eggs into their respective pockets (this is to ensure that all of the eggs receive similar cooking times).
- Cover pan with large lid and cook on low to mid heat for 3 mins (this gives you perfect runny eggs -add more time as required for desired consistency).
- Remove lid and sprinkle fresh chopped coriander across the top.
- Serve to warmed plates immediately (alternatively, you can bring the pan to the table and serve into warmed tortillas with a sprinkle of grated cheese). Add squeeze of lime juice and dash of Tabasco sauce to taste.