Caldo De Camarones.
You can cook Caldo De Camarones using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Caldo De Camarones
- Prepare 2 lb of large shrimp.
- You need 1 can of low sodium chicken stock.
- Prepare 3 of potatoes.
- It’s 4 of Chiote- Mexican zucchini.
- You need 1/2 of onion.
- You need 2 of green onions.
- You need 1/2 bunch of cilantro.
- Prepare 1 of bayleaf.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chicken bouillon.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 pinch of achote paste.
- Prepare 1 pinch of cumin.
- You need 1 pinch of new mexico chili powder.
- You need 2 of roma tomatoes.
- You need 1 of minced garlic clove.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
Caldo De Camarones step by step
- start by cleaning and devaining shrimp. save your shells you will need to bring those to a simmer for about 15-20 minutes with 2 cups of water. This will be your stock base for soup..
- peel and dice potatoes to bite size pieces I preboil these so that my soup is not all starchy. boil 10-12 minutes till tender drain n rinse set aside..
- dice your other veggies, chiote, onions, tomatoes and set aside..
- in your stock pot add olive oil white onions and tomatoes, and garlic give a quick cook till your onions are sweated down. ( about 3-4 min).
- now add your seasonings and give a quick minute to cook..
- add your chicken stock & strain your shrimp stock to pot. Add your bayleaf and your chopped chiote, let come to a simmer taste for salt & seasonings add more to your liking..
- once your veggies are tender add your potatoes back and your shrimp. When shrimp just turn pink about 6-7 minutes turn off..
- take out bayleaf, top with scallions, and cilantro..
- serve with lime wedges and chips or tortillas…