You can have Huevos Rancheros using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Huevos Rancheros
- You need 250 g of roughly chopped and sliced fresh multicoloured tomatoes.
- You need of Sea salt.
- It’s 1 of good Glug of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1 tsp of thyme.
- You need 1 tbls of pickled jalapeños.
- It’s 1 tbls of coriander stalks plus a few leaves.
- Prepare 2/3 can (300 g) of black beans, drained.
- You need 1/2 of avocado, sliced.
- Prepare 1 of lime.
- You need 4 of tortillas.
- You need 2 of eggs seasoned, whisked per person. Use scrambled tofu as a substitute if you like.
- Prepare 30 g of cheddar cheese, cubed.
Huevos Rancheros step by step
- Sprinkle sea salt over chopped and sliced tomatoes then drizzle heavily w olive oil, sprinkle over lots of thyme (tomato salad).
- tablespoon chopped jalapeños with tbls juice and similar amount fresh coriander in a blender and whizz. tip in to bowl and fold a little evoo through it (salsa).
- pan on medium heat. add oil, add pinch cumin. add a layer of black beans and they will puff up. add a little seasoning and listen for the puffing. no need to stir or shake, just don't burn them! in bowl.
- cut avocado in to 8. plate up and squeeze over lime juice. coriander leaves on top.
- Heat tortilla on one side only in dry pan. <1 minute. push it quickly in to mug to form a cone shape. repeat..
- Pan on medium heat with evoo and nob butter. add whisked eggs. using spatulas, move from outside in to create little sheets. when half cooked turn the heat down and put in the chopped cheddar..Serve loose as it will continue cooking on the plate.