Frijoles a La Charra.
You can cook Frijoles a La Charra using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Frijoles a La Charra
- It’s 2 lb of pinto beans.
- You need 1/2 bunch of cilantro.
- You need 1 large of onion.
- You need 1/2 lb of bacon.
- It’s 4 clove of large garlic chopped.
- Prepare 1 of salt n pepper to taste.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of chili powder.
- You need 3 tbsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1 large of tomato chopped.
- Prepare 9 cup of water.
- You need 2 of jalapeños chopped.
Frijoles a La Charra instructions
- clean n rinse the pinto beans. make sure u clean them cuz they sometimes have stones..
- then add beans into a stock pot or slow cooker. if using slow cooker put on low n cook for 4-8 hrs. on stove top cook them for 4-5 hrs..
- add all your seasonings and bring to a boil. once it boils lower heat to medium..
- add cut up bacon, tomato, cilantro, onion, jalapeños and garlic.
- cook till beans are tender. u hav to check on them. if it.needs more water add. but taste cuz u might hav to season again..
- once beans are.tender u can turn them.off and serve. to make refried beans add bacon drippings/oil to pan let it get hot. then add the beans and use a masher to mash them. then serve..