Sopita de Fideo. Homemade Sopa de Fideo (Mexican noodle soup) – Thin noodles in a tomato chicken broth served with a squirt of lime. Mexican lunchtime comfort food in the way that grilled cheese and tomato soup is, warm fuzzies in a bowl. It's an easy and quick Mexican soup that you will make again and again.
Put 'em together and you've got Mexican noodle soup! The noodles used in Sopa de Fideo are round and thin like spaghetti noodles, but short and bite-sized. You can find it in the pasta aisle of your grocery store labeled as either "fideo" or "cut spaghetti." Mexican fideo recipe is a basic in the country cuisine; so simple, delicious and comforting like no other. You can cook Sopita de Fideo using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sopita de Fideo
- Prepare 1 small of onion.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 large of potato.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cooking oil.
- Prepare 1 of tomato bouillon.
- Prepare 1 of La Moderna Sopitas (any kind of sopita you like) ; ).
- Prepare 6 cup of water.
Everyone, young and old, love this soup as has been part of the traditional meals for their whole life. My mom used to make sopita de fideo at least three times per week for lunchtime. This Vegan Sopa de Fideo is pure Mexican Comfort food. It literally translates to Soup of Noodles, so think homemade Tomato Soup – with noodles of course.
Sopita de Fideo instructions
- Peel skin off from potato & cut into small square pieces, set aside in water so they wont get dark ; ).
- water has to be hot but not boiling when added to the soup..
- In a pan on medium heat, add oil when hot, add garlic n small piece of onion for about 4 mins or so then add soup 'til it gets golden brown. When ready, add bouillon to your like n also add water, 4-6 mins later add potatoes, reduce heat if possible since pasta cooks easily n you dont want your potatoes to soft either. Tip: add water first then bouillon ; ).
- I usually use half of bag of sopita but if you cook all of it, add more water!.
- Enjoy =).
It can be made very easily without oil, and comes together in minutes for a quick and hearty meal. Most times the sopa de fideo was not prepared with meat. We would enjoy the picadillo on the side or on top of the fideo. But this recipe combines the two together! How do you like to garnish your bowl of sopa de fideo.