Oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts. Try Ina Garten's classic Roasted Brussels Sprouts recipe from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network. The key to a perfect roasted vegetable is a hot oven. Cut off the brown ends of the Brussels sprouts and pull off any yellow outer leaves.
My favorite classic Roasted Brussels Sprouts recipe! It's quick and easy side dish to make, naturally gluten-free and vegan and healthy, easy to customize with favorite seasonings or sauces, and SO delicious. Oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts Have A Perfectly Crispy Outside, And A Melt-In-Your-Mouth Center. You can cook Oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts using 8 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- It’s 1 lb of fresh brussel sprouts.
- It’s 2 oz of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of ground sea salt.
- It’s 1 of ground pepper.
- Prepare 1 of crushed garlic.
- It’s 1 of parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 of chopped basil.
These oven roasted Brussels sprouts are super easy to prepare and make a delicious side dish alongside steak, or even lamb. Any leftovers are delicious added to salads as well! You may also like these other Brussels sprout recipes If you're not familiar with brussels sprouts they are little cabbage like vegetables. When they are roasted in the oven they get this crispy and charred exterior that is so delicious.
Oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts instructions
- Preheat oven to 400.
- wash fresh brussel sprouts.
- cut off brown stem of each sprout and remove any yellowing leaves.
- cut each sprout in half lengthwise.
- in a large bowl place sprouts and pour over olive oil.
- toss until sprouts are well covered.
- add salt, pepper, basil and garlic to taste.
- toss thoroughly until uniform coverage.
- strain and place sprouts flat side up on cookie sheet.
- sprinkle parmesan cheese on top of brussel sprouts.
- cook at 400°F for 30 to 35 minutes until sprouts are roasted and parmesan becomes crispy.
- melt butter and drizzle over brussel sprouts to taste.
- serve and enjoy!.
I usually just make a meal out of these oven roasted brussels sprouts. Begin by stemming and halving the Brussels sprouts. If you have some sprouts that are very large, cut them into quarters. I bought brussel sprouts knowing at least that I wanted to roast them in the oven but wanted to make it delicious. So I searched and found this wonderful recipe at Once Upon a.