CHATPATA MISAL PAV (WITH MUNG BEAN SPROUTS). Chatpata misal pav is a spicy, tangy and lip-smacking Indian curry/street food – bean sprouts are cooked in a spicy gravy, topped with crispy fried I had a large batch of freshly sprouted mung beans so that is what I was making my misal with! This spicy, tangy curry is normally topped with a myriad of. Misal Pav is a popular Maharashtrian street food recipe loved by all Please take a moment to LIKE and SUBSCRIBE.it's FREE.
Misal is a spicy side dish often made with sprouted moth beans/ matki or mixed sprouts. Misal Pav Recipe with step by step photos. Misal Pav is a popular mumbai street food of sprouts curry topped with onions, tomatoes, farsan, lemon In this recipe I have used homemade matki sprouts. You can cook CHATPATA MISAL PAV (WITH MUNG BEAN SPROUTS) using 37 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of CHATPATA MISAL PAV (WITH MUNG BEAN SPROUTS)
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of mung bean sprouts.
- Prepare 1 of small potato, peeled and chopped.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of mustard seeds.
- It’s Few of curry leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of jeera/cumin powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of haldi/turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of red chilli powder/cayenne.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of coriander powder.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of hing/asafetida powder (optional).
- It’s 1-2 tablespoons of jaggery (unrefined cane sugar).
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of oil.
- It’s For of THE MISAL PASTE:.
- You need 2 of cloves.
- Prepare 1 of small piece cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of jeera/cumin seeds.
- You need 1/4 cup of grated coconut (fresh/frozen).
- You need 1 of medium sized onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ginger (chopped or grated).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic (chopped or grated).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Kashmiri Chilli powder (more for colour than heat).
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Everest Pav Bhaji masala powder (use any brand you prefer).
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of garam masala powder.
- Prepare 2 of medium tomatoes, chopped.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 2 teaspoons of oil.
- You need FOR of GARNISHING:.
- Prepare as required of Finely chopped coriander leaves/cilantro.
- You need For of SERVING SUGGESTIONS:.
- It’s 6-8 of pav buns/slide buns.
- It’s 1/2 cup of finely chopped red onions.
- It’s 1/2 cup of tomatoes, chopped (optional).
- It’s 1/2 cup of sev (fried savory chickpea noodles).
- You need 1/2 cup of savory mixture like chiwda or any mixture that has different shaped fried chickpea.
- You need 1/2 cup of spicy boondi (fried savory chickpea balls).
- You need 1 of lemon, quartered.
- You need few of chopped green chillies/jalapenos (optional).
If you want to know how to sprouts moth beans or mung beans, then you can check the method here. Misal Pav recipe with step by step photos. Misal is one of the traditional Maharashtrian dish and also a popular Mumbai Street Food! Pour the sprouts gravy half on the serving dish.
CHATPATA MISAL PAV (WITH MUNG BEAN SPROUTS) instructions
- Pressure cook mung bean sprouts and chopped potatoes in a pressure cooker with some water (about 1 inch above the mixture) for 2 to 3 whistles (or about 3 minutes on low after the first whistle). Let the pressure drop naturally..
- TO MAKE THE MISAL PASTE: In a small saucepan, heat oil and once the oil is hot, add the spices; cloves, cumin and cinnamon. Fry on medium heat for a few seconds. Tip in the grated coconut and fry until they turn light golden brown. Add the chopped onions and fry again until the onions turn slightly soft. Stir in ginger and garlic and saute for a few more minutes. Add the spice powders: Kashmiri chilli powder, Pav Bhaji masala powder and garam masala powder. Mix well..
- Tip in the chopped tomatoes with about ¼ tsp salt and cook for a few minutes until the tomatoes release a bit of water and turn soft and mushy..
- Remove from heat and let cool and once cool, blend to a fine paste..
- TO MAKE MUNG BEAN SPROUTS MISAL PAV: Heat oil in a saucepan. Once the oil is hot, add mustard seeds. Once the seeds splutter and crackle, add curry leaves, cumin powder, haldi, chilli powder and coriander powders and sauté for a few seconds, taking care not to burn them. Tip in the blended misal paste and fry on medium heat until you see oil separating from the sides; an indication all the spices have fried well..
- Add the cooked sprouts and potatoes mixture along with the water and mix to combine. Stir in salt to taste and about 1 tablespoon jaggery powder (or to taste) and mix well. Cover and cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes to allow all the flavors to blend well..
- Adjust the consistency of the missal to medium thickness; neither too watery, nor too thick. Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves..
- Serve hot topped with onions, tomatoes, sev, boondi etc. along with a squeeze of lime in individual serving dishes along with pav buns. Enjoy and Happy Cooking!.
- Notes: You can use any type of sprouts (or a mix) to make this chatpata missal pav. Adjust spices according to taste. Can be served with plain bread slices, toasted or untoasted..
Sprinkle some chopped onion, tomatoes, mixed farsan and lime wedges and serve misal pav with buttered pavs. sprouts including, mung, peas, moth. this type of curry is known as usal pav recipe and tastes equally great. lastly, i personally like the thin version of the curry and i would recommend the same. the leftover thin version curry can also be served with steamed rice and with chapathi/roti. Misal Pav is popular Indian breakfast meal with a spicy sprouted bean curry served with lightly buttered dinner rolls. Here is my mom's authentic recipe! Substitue half of the sprouted moth beans with mung beans. You can skip the green chilies to make the curry mild or add more for a spicier curry.