Pineapple and bean sprouts soup. Korean bean sprout soup is called Kongnamul Guk (콩나물 국). Kongnamul means soybean sprouts and guk means soup. Soybean sprouts are widely used in Korean cooking.
This delicious Asian soup, full of mushrooms and bean sprouts will warm your soul and awaken your tastebuds! Hot and Sour Soup with Bean Sprouts. A common dish found in Korean cuisine, Soybean Beansprout Soup, is pronounced Kongnamul Guk 콩나물국. You can cook Pineapple and bean sprouts soup using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pineapple and bean sprouts soup
- It’s 3 cups of Water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Tamarind pulp.
- It’s 1 cup of Chopped pineapple.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sliced garlic cloves.
- It’s 2 of Shallots chopped.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Cherry tomatoes sliced.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tsp (optional) of Sugar/jaggery.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- It’s 1 cup of Bean sprouts.
- It’s 3-4 tbsp of Coriander chopped.
- It’s 1 of Chopped fresh red chilli/chilli flakes.
We make this a few times a month to eat together with L. Kalbi, kimchi and other side dishes (banchan). Bean Sprout SoupMy Korean Kitchen. stock, fine sea salt, soybean sprouts, minced garlic, green onion. Soy Bean Sprout Soup for the Soul (콩나물국 Kongnamul Guk)Kimchimari. trimmed bean sprouts, to serve.
Pineapple and bean sprouts soup step by step
- Take 1/2 cup of water and mix tamarind pulp to it.Keep aside to be used later..
- Heat a pot over medium heat and add oil to it..
- Add garlic and fry until the garlic is golden brown,make sure not to burn the garlic..
- Add the shallots to the pot and fry until soft and translucent..
- When onions turns translucent add half of the sliced cherry tomatoes and cook for a couple of minutes, until they turn mushy and soft..
- When tomatoes are cooked add the remaining 2 1/2 cups of water to the pot along with 1/2 cup of tamarind mix water..
- Pour in soy sauce,salt to taste,(am not adding sugar as pineapple am using is sweet enough to balance the sourness of tamarind.If you are using than add at this stage),bring the mixture to boil..
- After first boil lower the flame and add chopped pineapple.Now simmer for 3-4 minutes and turn off the flame..
- Add the remaining sliced tomatoes and bean sprouts to the pot..
- Serve the soup into bowls and garnish with sliced chilli and fresh coriander..
Thicker than a soup, thinner than a chili, and probably most like a stew, this unique dish combines black beans and pineapple with delicious results. Mung bean sprouts are added to laksa, Hokkien prawn noodle, Vietnamese pho soup, Thai rice noodle soup, Japanese ramen and more. Combine the sliced vegetables and bean sprouts. Store in a container and place inside the refrigerator to chill. OMG Spicy Pineapple and Black Bean Soup.