Pickled Brussel Sprouts. Zippy pickled Brussels sprouts are a great accompaniment to any meal. Let's start with the important stuff first. Brussels Sprouts are named after the capital city of Brussels so for that reason alone, the word Brussels should be capitalized.
Meet the Brussels sprouts that didn't make it to our Thanksgiving table. I've been itching to make pickled Brussels sprouts because they're not easily found in the South! The Best Pickled Brussel Sprouts Recipes on Yummly You can cook Pickled Brussel Sprouts using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pickled Brussel Sprouts
- You need 3 lb of brussel sprouts.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of crushed garlic per jar.
- Prepare 2 of each Fresh dill sprigs per jar.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Pickling spice per jar.
- Prepare 1 packages of Mrs. Wages dill pickle mix.
- It’s 8 pints of size canning jars with lids and bands.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper per jar (optional).
- It’s 6 cup of distilled white vinegar.
- Prepare 4 cup of bottled water.
- It’s 1 of water bath canner.
Brussel Sprout Chips, Brussel Sprout Salad, Brussel Sprout Kimchi. Well there is no better way then surprising your guests with a couple of pickled Brussels Sprouts on a skewer. See more ideas about Brussel sprouts, Sprouts, Pickled brussel sprouts. Everything you need to know to get started, including step by step canning.
Pickled Brussel Sprouts step by step
- Wash and trim brussel sprouts set aside. In a large pot bring enough water to a boil to cover sprouts. Blanch brussel for 3 min place in ice bath for 6 min to stop cooking. Drain and set aside..
- In large non reactive pot combine water,vinegar, and dill pickle mix and bring to boil. Simmer until mix has dissolved..
- Sterilize jars and lids.Remove from water and place on towel.
- Place brussel sprouts evenly in jars..
- In jars be sure not to pack to tightly and leave 1/2 inch of head space. Pour hot pickle brine over sprouts until just covered. Wipe rims of jars and place lids and bands on tightened finger tight..
- Process jars in water bath canner for 12 min or according to your elevation above sea level. After processing place jars on a towel to cool. Can be enjoyed after 48 hrs but best after 2 weeks..
Pickled Brussels Sprouts are apparently now the "hip" thing (along with Dilly Beans) to use in cocktails instead of celery or olives. These pickled sprouts are crisp, with a clean, fresh, bright taste. Pickled brussel sprouts are really easy to make. They are one of my favorite easy pickling Just like making pickles, you just need some fresh brussel sprouts and a few other simple ingredients, and. Do you love brussel sprouts, or are you always looking for new ways to eat them?