7-layer Dip. This is an awesome crowd pleaser. This recipe has the perfect proportions of each layer, so you get the total combo in. I have a big colorful platter that I put it on.
It's everyone's favorite dip but with one crucial difference: It's hot and melty. Layers of fresh salsa, refried beans, guacamole, cheddar cheese, and our favorite toppings create a colorful addition to any appie spread. We love entertaining and always serve our favorite snacks like jalapeno popper dip and pigs in a blanket. You can have 7-layer Dip using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of 7-layer Dip
- It’s 1 can of pinto beans.
- It’s 1 of pinto bean seasoning.
- Prepare 3 large of avocados.
- You need 1 packages of guacamole seasoning.
- You need 1 packages of sour cream.
- You need 1 of Taco seasoning.
- It’s 1 packages of pico.
- Prepare 1 of shredded cheese.
- Prepare 1 of Green onions, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of black olives, diced.
Trifle dishes and deep glass bowls are often used for this dip because they illustrate the layers, but they make it almost impossible to get all the layers with just one dip of your chip. The better choice is a clear, shallow casserole dish, so the layers are still visible but dipping is much easier.. This recipe is SO easy to make and comes together super quickly. Layer the ingredients as follows: Layer the bean mixture on the bottom.
7-layer Dip instructions
- Mix pinto beans and seasoning together and layer in bottom of glass dish..
- Make guacamole: mash avocados, stir in seasoning, 1/4 cup pico. Layer on top of beans..
- Mix sour cream and taco seasoning. Layer on top of guacamole..
- Sprinkle cheese on top of sour cream..
- Top with remaining pico, green onions and black olives on top..
Next layer the sour cream and guacamole. They have a great flavor and texture. Canned diced tomatoes with green chilies – Ro*tel tomatoes and green chilies are a delicious addition to this dip. I like to use the mild kind so my kids can enjoy this too. In small bowl, mix sour cream, taco seasoning mix and green chiles.