Mama's arroz con leche. Rice pudding. I'm just a home cook that enjoys vlogging recipes and life with my little fusion family. Today I am making an easy recipe for my Abuelita's arroz con leche. My Grandmother would make this to warm everyone up during the cold mornings.
Put the water, rice, and cinnamon stick in a medium-size heavy saucepan set over medium-high heat. Transfer the pudding to a serving bowl. Dust the top of the pudding with ground cinnamon and serve. You can cook Mama's arroz con leche. Rice pudding using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mama's arroz con leche. Rice pudding
- You need 100 g of short grain or pudding rice.
- Prepare of Boiling water.
- You need 700 ml of milk.
- It’s 1 of cinnamon stick.
- It’s of Rind of one lemon.
- You need 100 g of sugar.
One of the most popular sweet desserts we have in our Mexican culture is the "Arroz con leche", which, as with the other candies or desserts I mentioned above, is all natural, easy to make and very delicious. It reminded me of mama's house! arroz-con-leche – this Arroz con Tres Leches (Mexican Three-Milk Rice Pudding) dessert has cinnamon, milk, rice, vanilla, condensed mill. Add milk, water, rice and salt to the Instant Pot. Secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
Mama's arroz con leche. Rice pudding step by step
- Boil rice in plenty water for about 8 minutes.
- Heat up milk with cinnamon stick and lemon rind to flavour, bring to nearly boiling temperature.
- Drain the rice from water in a sieve.
- Return milk and rice together to simmer for 12 minutes or until rice totally cooked stirring occasionally.
- Remove lemon rind and cinnamon from milk and add the sugar stirring to dissolve.
- Divide equally into individual ramekins to cool. It should be quite runny as the rice will absorb some of the milk later.
- Let it cool and store in fridge.Sprinkle with ground cinnamon to eat.
Freeze your leftover rice and turn it into this sweet and simple spiced-up pudding for a quick dessert. If you have a soft spot in your heart for creamy rice pudding, arroz con leche delivers a flavorful upgrade and will satisfy your cold-weather dessert craving. Rice pudding (arroz con leche) made the traditional Mexican way, with both whole and evaporated milk and an aromatic touch of cinnamon. I used lowfat milk and evaporated milk and it turned out rich and thick with a nice flavor. I did feel it was a little too sweet for.