Arroz con Leche (Spanish rice pudding). Arroz con leche is one of the most traditional and popular Spanish desserts. Literally translated, arroz con leche means rice with milk, but it's actually a thick rice pudding that everyone makes a slightly different way. Most recipes call for lemon peel and cinnamon sticks, and others add alcohol, additional.
It's an easy make-ahead dessert just like. Arroz con Leche is one of the world's favorite desserts. Citrus essences of orange and lemon are the hallmarks of this Spanish version and add to the This Arroz con Leche recipe is equally satisfying served warm after dinner or cold as a refreshing snack. You can cook Arroz con Leche (Spanish rice pudding) using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Arroz con Leche (Spanish rice pudding)
- You need 1/2 cup of arroz de grano corto (short grain rice).
- You need 1 1/2 cup of agua (water).
- You need 1 of cascara de limon (lemon peel).
- You need 1 of rama de canela (cinnamon stick).
- It’s 1 liter of leche (milk).
- It’s 1 cup of azucar blanca (sugar).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of sal (salt).
- Prepare 1 of canela en polvo (powder cinnamon).
- It’s 1 tbsp of vainilla (vanilla) -OPTIONAL.
Make rice pudding for your family tonight for. Rice Atole (Mexican Rice Pudding/Arroz Con Leche). Puerto Rican Arroz Con Leche (Rice With Milk). A creamy Spanish rice pudding recipe from my mother-in-law Antonia.
Arroz con Leche (Spanish rice pudding) step by step
- Place the rice, water, cinnamon stick and lemon peel in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat until rice is cooked..
- Then add the milk, salt and sugar. Stir often to keep from sticking to the bottpm of the pot..
- Cook until you get a creamier texture. When finished remove from pan and sprinkle the top with powder cinnamon..
- Variations: You can use sweetened condensed milk or evaporated milk instead of regular milk, or u can mix them up, depending on the texture you wish to achieve..
Her Spanish arroz con leche recipe is the very best, with cinnamon and lemon zest! Her arroz con leche recipe is the perfect blend of cinnamon, sugar, and silky Spanish rice. You'll try it once and be a fan for life! Some say that Arroz con Leche descends from the Moorish occupation of Spain centuries ago, as may be evidenced by the traditionally Arabic mixture of cinnamon and rice. This creamy dessert may be savored warm or cold, though most Spanish establishments tend to serve arroz con leche straight.