Arroz con leche (rice with milk). Arroz con leche is a version with Spanish influences. To make your own, cook white rice with cinnamon and then simmer it in milk until it thickens. For a shortcut version, start with leftover cooked rice that you thicken with milk and sweetened condensed milk.
By substituting a low potassium, low phosphorus substitute for milk, dialysis patients can go back for seconds without exceeding their kidney diet goals. Put the water, rice, and cinnamon stick in a medium-size heavy saucepan set over medium-high heat. Return the rice to the saucepan. You can cook Arroz con leche (rice with milk) using 6 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Arroz con leche (rice with milk)
- You need 1 liter of milk.
- It’s 150 grams of rice.
- You need 200 grams of sugar.
- You need 1 piece of of lemon peel.
- It’s 1 piece of of orange peel.
- It’s 1 stick of cinnamon.
Stir in the evaporated milk, condensed milk, and whole milk. Freeze your leftover rice and turn it into this sweet and simple spiced-up pudding for a quick dessert. If you have a soft spot in your heart for creamy rice pudding, arroz con leche delivers a flavorful upgrade and will satisfy your cold-weather dessert craving. whole milk. Rice pudding (arroz con leche) made the traditional Mexican way, with both whole and evaporated milk and an aromatic touch of cinnamon.
Arroz con leche (rice with milk) step by step
- Boil the rice for 8 minutes..
- Refresh the rice by putting it under running cold water..
- Heat the milk with the lemon peel, the orange peel and the cinnamon stick..
- Strain the milk..
- Add the rice to the milk and cook it with low heat for 20-30 minutes..
- Stir occasionally to prevent the rice from sticking to the pan..
- Add the sugar just before cooking is done..
- End the cooking dissolving the sugar..
- Distribute in bowls or glasses, let it cool and decorate with ground cinnamon..
- When it is completely cold, store it in the fridge..
Gradually add whole milk to rice, then evaporated milk. Kind of like a thin rice pudding, served warm. Great for breakfast, or snack, great for using up any leftover rice. Rice Atole (Mexican Rice Pudding/Arroz Con Leche). Classic Arroz Con Leche – A Variation Of Rice Pudding That Is Sweet And Cooked With Milk, Evaporated Milk And Sweetened Condensed Milk And Topped With Cinnamon.