Arroz con Leche (Mexican Rice Pudding).
You can have Arroz con Leche (Mexican Rice Pudding) using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Arroz con Leche (Mexican Rice Pudding)
- It’s 3 cup of Whole Milk.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of Water.
- Prepare 1 cup of Medium grain rice.
- You need 2 of Cinnamon sticks.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- You need 14 oz of Sweetened condensed milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of Raisins (soaked in warm water to soften).
- It’s 2 tsp of Vanilla.
Arroz con Leche (Mexican Rice Pudding) instructions
- Bring milk, and water to a slew simmer in a large pot, over medium-low heat.
- Sir in rice and add cinnamon sticks. Barely simmer uncovered until rice is soft approx. 20-30 min stirring occasionally..
- When rice is soft, remove cinnamon sticks and stir in condensed milk, vanilla, salt and raisins..
- Return to a slight simmer for another 10-15 min or until most of the liquid is absorbed and rice has a pudding like consistency..
- Serve hot with a sprinkle of cinnamon..