Homemade Corned Beef.
You can have Homemade Corned Beef using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Homemade Corned Beef
- It’s 3 pounds of brisket or chuck roast or rump roast.
- It’s of ——————-.
- It’s of Brine :.
- It’s 1 gallon of spring water.
- It’s 1 cup of kosher salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of pickling spice.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of pink curing salt.
Homemade Corned Beef instructions
- Combine all of the brine ingredients in a large pot and bring to a boil, occasionally stirring to incorporate the salt and sugar. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature..
- Place the meat in plastic container and add the brine making sure that the meat is completly submerged. Use an injector to inject the meat with the brine to achieve a even and complete cure. Place in the refrigerator and allow to cure for 5 to 7 days. Check at least once a day to turn and make sure the meat is still completly submerged..
- Place the corned beef in a pressure cooker on top of a small rack to keep the meat from touching the bottom. Add 2 cups of the brine and cook on high for 50 minutes. Allow the pressure to naturally release..
- Allow the meat to cool in it's liquid so some of the juice is reabsorbed..
- Use your corned beef as you will. I like using it in red flannel hash or a grilled rueben sandwich..