tangy roast beef with leek, turnip, and sweet potatoes. Beef Roast in the Wolfgang Puck Pressure Oven. Savory beef brisket gets slow-cooked with potatoes and peppers in a deeply flavorful sauce. And for those planning ahead, it's even better when cooked, refrigerated and sliced for serving the next day.
Adjust the seasoning to taste then remove from the heat. Layer the potatoes on top, seasoning well in between the layers. Oven Roasted Sweet Potatoes Haiku: "Yay, no marshmallows! You can have tangy roast beef with leek, turnip, and sweet potatoes using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of tangy roast beef with leek, turnip, and sweet potatoes
- It’s 1 of leek.
- Prepare 2 of sweet potatoes peeled.
- Prepare 1 of turnip peeled.
- You need 1 tbsp of cider vinegar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1/3 cup of packed brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 of 15 ounce can tomato sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 1/2 lb of beef chuck or rump, boneless trimmed of fat.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper.
Savory sweet potatoes, glad that I found you!" Super easy recipe and delicious; I left mine in longer, stirring frequently enough that the sweet potatoes browned evenly, but my onions were a little burnt and shrivel-y. Root vegetables (potatoes, carrots, parsnips, sweet potatoes, etc). Broccoli, brussels sprouts, zucchini, summer squash, onions, cauliflower, bell peppers, etc. How to roast vegetables in the oven.
tangy roast beef with leek, turnip, and sweet potatoes step by step
- heat oil in large dutch oven or stockpot over medium high heat. Season the beef with salt and pepper. Add the roast to pan and brown all sides. Using tongs remove it from pan and set aside…To same pan add leeks, sweet potatoes and turnip….( chopped of course).. and stir a few times, until veggies begin to brown…..
- whisk remaining ingredient in medium bowl.
- return meat to pan and add sauce.
- bring to boil…then cover…..reduce heat to low.
- turn roast every 20 minutes or so…until meat and veggies are tender about 1 1/4 hours.
- let rest 15 minutes….. enjoy.
Set your oven temperature fairly high. Sprinkle Oxo powder on bottom of large roasting pan. Flip roast, fat side down and make ½ inch slices ¾ of the way down, from top to bottom, leaving fatty surface intact. Place sweet potatoes in one bag; shake to coat potatoes. Spread potatoes in a single layer on greased shallow roasting pan.