Hidden Veggie Meatloaf. Hidden Veggie Meatloaf. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Hidden Veggie meatloaf is sure to impress a finicky toddler, and you'll be glad that they are eating it as well, because of all the nutritious ingredients that are lurking inside. In another bowl combine the ketchup, brown sugar and Worchestershire sauce.
This hidden veggie meatloaf is a classic example where your food processor is your best friend. "Hidden" might just be an understatement though, because my meatloaf is jam packed with veggies. This hidden veggie recipe for meatloaf or meatballs is kid-approved. She was actually in love with vegetables, so I decided to blend the two together into a hidden veggie meatloaf recipe. You can have Hidden Veggie Meatloaf using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Hidden Veggie Meatloaf
- Prepare 2 lbs of lean ground beef.
- It’s 1 lb of ground pork.
- Prepare 1 of rib of celery, roughly chopped.
- It’s 1/2 of bell pepper, roughly chopped.
- You need 12-15 of baby carrots (or 1/2 cup carrots, roughly chopped).
- You need 1 can of unsalted tomato sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of water.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
Hidden vegetable meatloaf recipe – easy way to hide vegetables from picky eaters. Hidden Vegetable Meatloaf Recipe (Mini Size) Photo Tutorial (Printer friendly version below). Home » Hidden Veggie Mini Meatloaf. This veggie meatloaf is a delicious alternative to ground beef or turkey.
Hidden Veggie Meatloaf step by step
- Place celery, bell pepper, carrots, tomato sauce and water in a blender. Blend into a chunky puree. You want to still have some texture to the veggies, but you don't want them detectable in your meatloaf..
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl combine the meats, veggie puree, breadcrumbs, eggs, and all seasonings. Mix with clean hands until all ingredients are thoroughly combined..
- Transfer mixture to a large casserole dish or foil lined baking sheet then mold into short, wide rectangular loaf (I go for about 4"wide by 8" long)..
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour. Remove from oven. Top with a thin layer of ketchup. Return to oven and bake an additional.30-35 minutes, or until cooked through..