Fried Stuffed Lotus Root. Thanks to my friend Gigi Diaz Barlaan for teaching me this recipe.#friedlotusroots. Before we start, let me demystify how to cut the lotus root. Now it's time to prepare the oil for frying.
It is actually the steam of the plant with a crunchy texture. Stuffed Lotus Root is great for a bento side dish and also served as a snack with alcohol. When they are lightly colored, flip the pieces over. You can cook Fried Stuffed Lotus Root using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fried Stuffed Lotus Root
- You need 1 pc of lotus root.
- It’s of Minced pork.
- It’s of Egg white.
- You need of Chicken powder.
- It’s of White pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of cornflour.
Deep-fry them until they have become crispy and browned evenly. Remove and place the stuffed lotus root onto a cooling rack. When stir-frying lotus root, pair it with other vegetables that are also tender and crisp, such as sugar snap peas, snow peas, asparagus, and celery. I typically stir-fry lotus root with plenty of wine and oyster sauce, which adds much needed depth to the mild taste of the stem.
Fried Stuffed Lotus Root instructions
- Marinate pork with egg white, flour, chicken powder and white pepper..
- Wash and lotus root and cut it thinly. Then spread meat on top of each cut of lotus root. Then press until meat will come out from the whole..
- Heat a pan and add oil. Fry lotus root in a low fire and cover it. To make sure it will easily cooked the meat inside. Turn on each side not to burn. When done remove from pan and serve.
Put the sliced lotus root into vinegar water as you slice it, as described above. Heat up a large frying pan with the oil. Cook until the lotus root slices start to change color – they turn a bit translucent looking. Turn over and cook a couple more minutes. Dip lotus root "sandwiches" in batter to coat.