Spicy dish of Tofu and minced meat. Tender tofu cooked in an aromatic and spicy sauce, accompanied by minced meat, Mapo tofu is one of the most popular ways to prepare tofu in China. Once I asked a group of non-Chinese friends who had experiences of real Chinese food: "What is your favourite tofu dish?" I always have some sort of ground/minced meat and tofu in our fridge. You probably don't need me to tell you that mapo doufu, or mapo tofu, is a popular Sichuan dish.
Ingredients of Spicy dish of Tofu and minced meat
- You need 1 package of Tofu.
- Prepare 400 g of ground pork (or chicken).
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 tsp of ginger, minced.
- You need 4 of scallions.
- It’s 1 TBSP of chili paste with fermented soy bean(豆板醤).
- It’s of ☆2 TBSP cooking sake.
- You need of ☆1 TBSP sweet bean sauce.
- It’s of ☆1 TBSP soy sauce.
- It’s of ☆1 tsp chicken soup powder (or hondashi, or chinese seasoning).
- Prepare of ☆1 tsp sugar.
- You need of ☆1 cup water.
- You need 1 TBSP of potato starch with 1/4 water.
- Prepare 1 TBSP of sesame oil.
This dish was inspired by a Cantonese minced squab dish, but the idea works just as well with vegetable-based The last two ingredients are meaty, sure, but do they have to be? It consists of spicy sauce, tofu and minced meat. This is a simplified recipe for mapo tofu, a popular Chinese dish with tofu, ground meat, and a bold spicy sauce. Tofu is a blank canvas ready to take on other flavors, so an umami packed recipe like this makes the tofu the best part of It keeps the dish from getting a bit too meat heavy by adding a different kind of texture. is it possible to use tomyam paste instead of bean paste or hoisin sauce for a spicy flavour?
Spicy dish of Tofu and minced meat instructions
- Wrap tofu with paper towel and microwave it for 3 minutes..
- Separate scallion into green and white parts and mince them both..
- In a large pan, medium-high heat sauté garlic, ginger and white part of scallions until you get the aroma..
- Add ground pork until it changes the color, 3 minutes..
- Lower the heat and add chili paste with fermented soy bean(豆板醤).
- Add all the ingredients of ☆ into the pan and cook until it boils..
- Add tofu and cook it until it boils again for 3 – 5 minutes to give the tofu flavor..
- Turn the heat down to low and add potato starch with water mixture of potato starch and mix it very well. (The sauce will get thicker).
- Turn the heat up and cook for one minute. Drizzle sesame oil and green scallions..
Ma po tofu, sometimes translated as "pockmarked-face lady's tofu," is a spicy tofu dish slathered with a rich, savory sauce of chiles, minced meat, and spices, almost like Special equipment: You'll need a meat grinder for this recipe. We used the special attachments for a KitchenAid stand mixer. Mapo tofu (sometimes written as 麻婆豆腐, mabo tofu or ma po doufu) is a mouthwatering dish consisting of tofu and minced meat cooked in a spicy Tofu – Use firm or medium firm tofu which will hold its shape better than soft or silken tofu. Udon Noodles – We use fresh homemade udon. Mince is always a weeknight winner, it's fast and affordable and also very versatile.