My Own Version of Egg Foo Young. Egg Foo Young 芙蓉蛋 is an authentic Cantonese egg cuisine. Since it looks like a western style omelet, those who are unfamiliar with it will mistakenly cook it the way of making an omelet. In fact, they are originated from two sides of the world and created in an entirely different way.
Egg Foo Young is a classic–some might say retro–takeout dish that was transformed when Chinese chefs brought the dish to the US. My parents owned a Chinese takeout restaurant, and this was one of the most popular dishes on our menu! Working on this Egg Foo Young recipe really brought back. You can cook My Own Version of Egg Foo Young using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of My Own Version of Egg Foo Young
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 10 pcs of tiger prawn, cut into 3 parts.
- You need Half of small bowl of minced pork.
- It’s of Spring onion.
- Prepare of White pepper.
- It’s of Carrot, thinly sliced.
- Prepare Half of green capsicum.
- It’s Dash of salt.
Egg Foo Young is a Chinese egg omelette filled with vegetables and meat, smothered in a Chinese Egg Foo Young – terrific quick dinner idea! I know most of us think of omelettes as a breakfast thing and Egg Foo Young is a Westernised version of a Chinese dish, much like many Chinese takeout. Egg Foo Young is often described as a Chinese omelet or egg pancake, leading some to confuse it with scallion pancakes. In the course of writing this, I discovered that my own version of Egg Foo Young figures into one of my favorite comfort meals – Slow and Crispy Egg-Fried Rice.
My Own Version of Egg Foo Young instructions
- In a wok add oil, then stir fry minced pork Cook until done then add prawns, carrot, capsicum and cook a while. Transfer to a plate and let it cool.
- In a big bowl crack eggs, add pepper spring onion and a little salt. Then beat it until the egg mixture are fluffy then pour the cooked ings. Mix well.
- Then heat a pan add oil and batch by batch scoop the mixture and fry..
The best egg foo young I have ever had. To serve, place the egg patty over steamed rice and serve with the sauce on top. We'll never order this at a restaurant again as this version is so delicious, inexpensive to make & fast! Crispy fluffy egg foo young filled with crisp veggies and aromatic green onion and served with a All opinions expressed are my own. Thank you for supporting the companies that keep this blog going.