Larb Moo / Thai Spicy Minced Pork Salad. Recipe: Larb / Laab Moo – Spicy Minced Pork Salad Please note: We cooked this dish with Pork as an example but you can replace pork with minced Chicken and make a "Larb Gai", or Spicy Minced Chicken Salad. For a vegetarian Larb, substitute meat with mushroom -"Larb Hed". Heavy craving means I have to do it.
How to make a original Thai Minced Pork Salad called Larb Moo – full authentic Recipe. Spicy Minced Pork Salad. ลาบหมู ( Larb Moo ). One Thai food group that is often overlooked by westerners is salad. You can cook Larb Moo / Thai Spicy Minced Pork Salad using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Larb Moo / Thai Spicy Minced Pork Salad
- Prepare 200 grams of minced pork.
- You need 2 of shallots.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of ground roasted rice.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dried ground chili.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lime juice.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fish sauce.
- You need 1/3 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 3 of hot chilli,chopped.
- Prepare 1 bunch of coriander or thai mints,chopped.
- Prepare 1 bunch of spring onion,chopped.
- You need 2 tbsp of water.
- It’s 1 bunch of vegetables of your choice to side with this spicy dish,.
Of course most of you are familiar with Som Tom, our delicious green Papaya Salad, but did. Thai larb made with minced pork (larb moo ลาบหมู) is one of the most popular Thai streets foods in Isaan cuisine. In Thailand, larb moo (ลาบหมู) is normally eaten along with a plate of Thai sticky rice and My first Thai dish I tried and fell in love with it. I love mine extra spicy with a side of cucumbers.
Larb Moo / Thai Spicy Minced Pork Salad step by step
- Boil water on medium heat ,cook your minced pork in there,by stir occasionly ,add ground black pepper ,stir until cooked ,water almost get dried ,heat off and let it cool.
- Prepare serving plate by based with your favorite vegetables to side with this spicy dish,mine have cucumber,carrots,beans,and some green leaves.
- Chop the other ingredients left in the list ,add to mixing bowl ,this including ground roasted chilli,ground roasted rice ,both must be fresh ground for perfect taste,reduce chilli if you dont like much spicy in this step or omit chopped fresh chilli as i'm sure when you chewing you will find the heat !.
- When minced pork compleatly cool,add to the bowl,add lime juice,fishsauce ,stir to mix.
- Top on vegetables plate ,serve :).
Katie Chin's larb in Everyday Thai Cooking is not a strictly authentic version. What worked: Between the crunch of the roasted rice powder, the sweetness of the ground pork, and the tang of the fish sauce and lime juice sauce, Chin's larb was a perfect example of harmony and balance in Thai cooking. Inspired by my recent travels to Thailand, here is a recipe for the classic dish, larb, a sort of ground meat salad. I had versions made with pork It's home to all sorts of bold, spicy food, one of which—larb, a sort of ground meat salad—is my standard order whenever I go to Thai restaurants. Thai/Laos style mince pork salad recipe Larb!