Thai lettuce wraps with ground pork. This pork larb lettuce wrap fits my bill; its savory filling, the fresh and crispy lettuce, plus the perfectly balanced dipping sauce that is savory, sweet, spicy, and sour at the same time. If you like some extra heat, you may add Thai chilies in your lettuce wraps but I think most people will find it too spicy. Thai Lettuce Wraps is one of those meals that will make you forget you're eating healthy!
For this delicious and easy meal, ground pork is cooked with curry and Thai seasoning and served in crunchy lettuce leaves. The fish sauce and lime add a wonderful piquancy. It was a bit difficult to eat wrapped in the lettuce leaves but we all agreed that the lettuce made it awesome! You can cook Thai lettuce wraps with ground pork using 20 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Thai lettuce wraps with ground pork
- It’s 1 lb of ground pork.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic-minced.
- It’s 1/2 medium of onion-diced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemongrass-minced.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fresh ginger-minced.
- You need 1 tbsp of canola oil.
- It’s 1 of salt.
- Prepare 1 of fresh ground black pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of garlic chili sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of fish sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of rice vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 5 oz of water chestnuts-drained and diced.
- It’s 5 oz of bamboo shoots-drained and diced.
- You need 1/2 of fresh jalepeno-minced.
- You need 1 tsp of sesame oil, or to taste.
- You need 4 of green onion.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cilantro-chopped.
- Prepare 1 of lime wedges.
- It’s 8 of lettuce leaves, butter lettuce or romaine.
These Thai Lettuce Wraps have you covered on both fronts. Visually beautiful with its vibrant colors and positively bursting with FLAVOR, you're going to We're using ground veal for these wraps. S. has made a lot of positive changes in recent years where the cows are responsibly. Start with lean ground pork, season it to perfection with ginger and Sriracha, and then spoon the mixture into crisp lettuce cups.
Thai lettuce wraps with ground pork step by step
- Heat canola oil in pan..
- Sauté garlic, onion, lemongrass, and ginger on med heat about 5 mins..
- Add ground pork, or ground meat of your choice. Mix well..
- While meat is simmering, make sauce. Add garlic chili sauce, fish sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, and ground black pepper..
- Add sauce to meat and stir..
- Add water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, and jalepeno. Salt and pepper to taste..
- Stir well and cooked until meat is done, breaking up meat as you go..
- Take off heat and add sesame oil, green onion, and cilantro. Stir well..
- Add mix to lettuce wraps and serve with fresh lime..
Create a favorite restaurant treat right at home with these savory and sweet Thai lettuce wraps. Start with lean ground pork, season it to perfection. Want a pork lettuce wrap recipe? If you're looking for a healthy recipe that's not salad, these ground pork wraps are the answer. People often ask me for tips on how to prepare a simple lunch when they don't have any leftovers on hand or when they The kind of lettuce you choose for this recipe is entirely up to you.