泰式羅勒炒豬肉碎 THAI BASIL MINCED PORK WITH RICE (PAD KRA PAO). This is a dish that is easy to make and satisfying to eat. Definitely a must order for me every time I visit a Thai restaurant. Pair this with a bowl of Thai white rice and fried egg for a simple and satisfying meal!
Ingredients of 泰式羅勒炒豬肉碎 THAI BASIL MINCED PORK WITH RICE (PAD KRA PAO)
- You need 300 grams of – ground pork.
- It’s 1 box of – of basil leaves (sweet basil works too).
- It’s 3 of – long beans (cut into 1 inche).
- Prepare 2 of – chilli padi.
- It’s 2 cloves of – shallots (optional).
- It’s 6-8 cloves of – minced garlic (optional).
- It’s 2.5 tablespoons of – Oyster sauce (I used organic mushroom sauce).
- You need 1 tablespoon of – Soy sauce (I used coconut aminos).
- Prepare Half of tablespoon – fish sauce.
- You need 2.5 tablespoons of – brown sugar (I used cane sugar).
- It’s of White pepper.
- Prepare of Sesame oil.
Thai basil minced pork is one of my favorite Thai recipes. You can substitute brown rice, or a boiled noodle stir-fried in with this dish, but I like white rice the best. Adding an accompanying starch will also help you extend this meal to feed multiple people. A restaurant-style Thai Basil Chicken, aka Pad Krapow Gai or Gai Pad Krapow.
泰式羅勒炒豬肉碎 THAI BASIL MINCED PORK WITH RICE (PAD KRA PAO) instructions
- Heat the pan with oil (I don't like it too oily hence I only used 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon of oil) once heat is up add in garlic, shallots and chilli (if you are too lazy to cut garlic and shallots you may just add in chilli).
- Added in ground pork – stir fry till its about 70% cooked then add the long beans.
- Once the pork is about done, start adding seasoning.
- 2.5 tablespoons – Oyster sauce >>> 1 tablespoon – Soy sauce >>> Half tablespoon – fish sauce >>> 2.5 tablespoons – brown sugar >>> some white pepper.
- Continue to stir fry the pork with the seasonings. Taste and adjust accordingly, you can add a few tbs of water in if its too dry or too salty.
- Then add in the basil and stir fry until the basil is well incorporated and turn darker in color then off the heat..
- Drizzled in the sesame oil. I serve mine with a bowl of rice and sunny side up 😋😋.
This stir-fry recipe is a classic Thai Second recipe from the thai cuisine series : Thai Basil Minced Pork – Pad Kra Pao! The chicken is stir fried with Thai holy basil, and served on top of rice with a fried egg on the side. Pad Kra Pao means stir-fry basil, thus making it the main ingredient in this classic dish from Thailand. I used minced chicken in this recipe but feel free to use other types of meat to make either Pad Kra Pao Nua (Thai basil beef) or Pad Kra Pao Moo (Thai basil pork). So time to prep the sauce of the meat before preparing your ingredients.