You can have Spam Musubi using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spam Musubi
- Prepare 1 can of Spam.
- It’s 3 of to 4 rice bowls' worth Hot cooked white rice.
- You need 1 piece of Nori seaweed.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Sake.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Mirin.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Soy sauce.
Spam Musubi instructions
- Take the Spam out of the can and cut into 6 to 8 slices..
- Lay the Spam slices in a heated frying pan, and fry until browned. (You don't need to use any oil in the pan since the Spam renders oil)..
- Add the sake, mirin and soy sauce to make a teriyaki sauce and coat the Spam with it..
- Cut the nori seaweed into strips..
- Make rice balls (musubi) that are the same size as the Spam. (I used about 1/2 a bowl of rice per slice.).
- I lined the Spam can with plastic wrap and packed rice into it to make the musubi. It was easy to make them just the right size..
- Put the Spam on top of the musubi, wrap a strip of nori seaweed around the middle and it's done..
- If you wrap them individually you can use them in bentos!!.
- I used this Spam..