Guinness Stout Beef Stew.
Ingredients of Guinness Stout Beef Stew
- You need 1 – 2 lbs of beef chuck (fattier mix).
- You need 3 of carrots.
- You need 2 of potatoes.
- It’s 2 stalks of celery.
- It’s 1 tall can of Guinness beer.
- Prepare 2.5 cups of chicken stock.
- You need 4-5 sprigs of thyme.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 1 Tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 4 srips of bacon (cut into small pcs).
- It’s 1 piece of Spam (cut into small pcs).
- You need 2 of whole onions.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of tomato paste.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic.
Guinness Stout Beef Stew instructions
- Render fat from bits of bacon and spam, till brown and crisp. Transfer to pot and leave 1 tbsp of grease in pan. (Medium High Heat).
- Use pan to brown beef cubes (tossed in salt & pepper) in high heat and transfer beef to pot.
- Turn heat to medium and sweat onions (with salt) for 5 mins then add in minced garlic and cook for 1 min, careful not to brown. Then deglaze with 1 can of Guinness Stout Beer and cook for 2 -3 mins on medium heat..
- Transfer to pot, add tomato paste, thyme, freshly ground black pepper, carrots, bayleaf, celery & lastly, chicken stock to cover top of all the ingredients. Rise heat to high till simmering then reduce to low heat..
- Simmer stew gently for 2 hours. Option to add in potatoes later to avoid turning mushy & cayenne powder for taste.