Brussel Sprouts. Try Ina Garten's classic Roasted Brussels Sprouts recipe from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network. The key to a perfect roasted vegetable is a hot oven. Brussels sprouts are low in carbohydrates with lots of filling fiber.
Any leftovers can be reheated or even just eaten cold from the fridge. I don't know how, but they taste sweet and salty at. Brussels sprouts may have unique health benefits in the area of DNA protection. You can cook Brussel Sprouts using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brussel Sprouts
- It’s 1/2 lb of brussel sprouts.
- It’s 4 tbsp of coconut oil.
- You need to taste of salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of hot sauce (optional).
- It’s 1 tsp of Tony sacheres or preferred seasoning (optional).
A recent study has shown improved stability of DNA inside of our white blood cells after daily consumption of Brussels. Brussels sprouts are winter crops flourishing well under the cool weather and light frosting conditions. Brussels sprouts are a member of the cabbage family, and an excellent source of protein and vitamins. Here's how to plant, grow, and harvest Brussels sprouts in your garden!
Brussel Sprouts step by step
- First, cut off the hard bottoms of the sprouts, and then cut each brussel sprout in half..
- Heat coconut oil in a large frying/saute pan over medium high heat..
- Add trimmed brussel sprouts to pan, and season with salt and pepper (I season right when I put them in the pan, halfway through cooking, and then again at the end; just keep taking small tastes to make sure they don't get too salty!).
- Saute in pan for about 10 minutes or until desired consistency is reached..
- About halfway through cooking, add the hot sauce and other seasoning if so desired..
- Serve on the side of a protein and enjoy!.
Brussels sprout (plural Brussels sprouts), also known as brussels sprout (without the capital B) and brussel sprout, is the common name for a cultivar group, Brassica oleracea Gemmifera Group, of the wild cabbage (B. oleracea). Here's the best way roast brussels sprouts in the oven and a few ways to insure that your Brussels get as crispy as possible. Individual sprouts: Brussels sprouts sold by the pound are what you find most often at the market. They need to be trimmed of their dry ends and yellowed or damaged leaves before halving and cooking. This Pan Roasted Brussel Sprouts recipe is an easy way to prepare Brussel sprouts that frees up the oven – it's a tasty side dish perfect for Thanksgiving.