Spam Musubi. SPAM® Musubi is a sushilicious treat featuring SPAM® Classic, white rice, and nori. This Hawaiian take on surf and turf is sure to be a hit at your next luau! There's more than one way to enjoy this Hawaiian snack favorite!
Bring a taste of the islands home with this popular and You don't need to fly to Hawaii to try this tasty authentic Hawaiian Spam Musubi. Spam musubi is a favorite snack in Hawaii. These are popular at beaches, malls and provide a quick bite to eat between work breaks. You can have Spam Musubi using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spam Musubi
- It’s 2 cup of Uncooked short-grain white rice.
- Prepare 2 cup of Water.
- You need 6 tbsp of Rice vinegar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Oyster sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- It’s 1 of (12 oz) container fully cooked luncheon meat (Spam).
- It’s 5 of Sheets sushi nori (dry seaweed).
- It’s 2 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
The Spam musubi is a ridiculously simple creation, composed of four ingredients, yet its Slice the Spam into eight even pieces—or ten if you prefer, but I like my musubi on the meaty side, heavy on. This SPAM musubi recipe is an easy Hawaiian style snack that's as simple as it is delicious. If you're looking for easy Hawaiian food, SPAM musubi can't be beat. Hawaiian spam musubi is the best!
Spam Musubi instructions
- Soak uncooked rice for 4 hours; drain and rinse..
- In a saucepan bring 2 cups water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in rice vinegar, and set aside to cool..
- In a separate bowl, stir together soy sauce, oyster sauce, and sugar until sugar is completely dissolved. Slice luncheon meat lengthwise into 10 slices, or to desired thickness, and marinate in sauce for 5 minutes..
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Cook slices for 2 minutes per side, or until lightly browned. Cut nori sheets in half and lay on a flat work surface..
- Place a rice press in the center of the sheet, and press rice tightly inside. Top with a slice of luncheon meat, and remove press..
- Wrap nori around rice mold, sealing edges with a small amount of water. (Rice may also be formed by hand in the shape of meat slices, 1 inch thick) Musubi may be served warm or chilled..
Ingredients are steamed white rice, musubi sauce, Spam and toasted seaweed. Musubi is easy to make at home and perfect as a snack. Place a Spam musubi maker mold over it, in the middle, then place a slice of Spam into the mold. Spam Onigirazu is perfect for a quick meal or snack on the go. This yummy treat is made with eggs SPAM® Onigirazu is a little bit fancier version of SPAM® Musubi.