Southern Cornbread Stuffing. This Southern-style cornbread stuffing has a rich, almost spoon bread-like consistency and a toasty golden top. It's a little more time consuming than traditional stuffing because it's made with. Popular in the South during Thanksgiving, this cornbread dressing will please even the pickiest guests.
The Best Cornbread Stuffing Recipe: Southern Cornbread Dressing With Gizzards. This cornbread stuffing, or as Southerners call it…dressing, is a version of my grandmother's beloved recipe. The main difference is that my grandmother added a few crumbled biscuits to the mix, which is. You can cook Southern Cornbread Stuffing using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Southern Cornbread Stuffing
- You need of Stuffing.
- Prepare 1 packages of Any cornbread mix (jiffy=too sweet).
- You need 1 box of Chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 of Poultry seasoning (you will end up using a lot).
- It’s 1 of Salt & Pepper.
- You need of Veggies.
- It’s 1 1/2 medium of Onion chopped.
- You need 2 of stock Celery chopped.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of Garlic chopped.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Butter.
Southern girl that I am, I'm pretty fussy about cornbread stuffing! I had about given up on finding a way to make it with low-carb breads and get MY definition of stuffing heaven. Southern-style cornbread dressing with sausage and sage. I happen to like that custardy texture of a wheat bread stuffing, so I was curious to see if there was some way to push a cornbread dressing.
Southern Cornbread Stuffing step by step
- Add butter, celery, garlic, and onion. Sauté until translucent not brown. Set aside..
- Prepare cornbread as directed..
- Add veggie butter mix to mixed cornbread. Mix together..
- Cook as directed on cornbread box or until golden brown or a toothpick comes out clean. Set aside in cool. Fridge is fine..
- Once cooled crumble your cornbread into a mixing bowl..
- Start slowly adding in your chicken broth until it because semi soupy (too soupy? Cook for longer)..
- Now it's time to add all your seasonings to taste..
- Pour your stuffing mix into a greased baking pan and cook at 325°F until toothpick comes out clean.
This savory cornbread is rich with Add the cornbread to the skillet, and toss gently to coat the cornbread with the buttery mixture. Combine that with dressing and you've got the ultimate Cornbread dressing (or stuffing to our friends up North) is the anchor of a Southern Thanksgiving. It's more like a true southern dressing though, not something you can make to stuff a turkey with but you won't care when you taste it. Our Keto Cornbread Stuffing is a low carb twist on a classic Southern Dressing recipe. GlutenFree Southern Cornbread Dressing (Stuffing) by Amy Love, Real Food Whole Health.