You can have Mexican Cornbread using 11 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mexican Cornbread
- Prepare 1 lb of Ground Beef.
- Prepare 2 of Cans: Cream Style Sweet Corn.
- You need 2 of Cans: Ranch Style Beans.
- Prepare 1 Box of Jiffy Cornbread Mix.
- You need 1 of Egg.
- You need 1 of Cup: Milk.
- Prepare 1-2 of Cups: Shredded Cheese.
- Prepare 2 of tsp: Salt.
- Prepare 2 of tsp: Garlic Powder.
- Prepare 1 of tsp: Pepper.
- Prepare of Butter or Olive Oil.
Mexican Cornbread step by step
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Brown the ground beef in butter/olive oil over medium-high heat..
- Drain the ground beef and return to the pot.
- Add corn and ranch-style beans.
- Stir and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Gradually add in the garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Prepare a casserole dish.
- Add beef-mixture to the casserole dish.
- Add a layer of cheese on top of the beef-mixture.
- In another bowl, combine cornbread mix, egg, and milk.
- Pour the cornbread mixture over everything in the casserole dish (spread evenly to cover).
- Bake, uncovered for about 45-minutes or until cornbread is golden brown and cooked through.
- Let cool, serve, and enjoy!.