Better than Jiffy Cornbread. My contribution to the potluck is my Better Than Jiffy Cornbread from Scratch. Growing up Jiffy cornbread was a staple not only in my household, but in many homes across the nation. It was cheap and it was good.
This recipe will confuse your friends and they will think you brought it from the store. Made in a Cast Iron. Better Than Jiffy. I may get paid for ads or purchases made through links in this post. You can cook Better than Jiffy Cornbread using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Better than Jiffy Cornbread
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of milk.
- You need 2/3 cup of white sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of vegetable oil or melted butter.
- It’s 2 of large eggs.
- You need 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of cornmeal.
- It’s 1 tbs of baking powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
Craving some melt-in-your-mouth Cornbread as a tasty side to your Dinner or Summer Barbecue? Take your ordinary boxed cornbread mix and make the best moist and honey sweet cornbread ever with this simple recipe hack! So moist and honey sweet, with. Jiffy Corn Bread: Never Dry and So Easy to Make!
Better than Jiffy Cornbread step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a 9×13 baking dish. Set aside..
- In a large bowl vigorously wisk together milk, sugar, eggs, and oil/butter..
- In a separate bowl wisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt..
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Gently stir until just combined. Note: Batter will be lumpy and that's ok. Over-mixing will make tough cornbread..
- Transfer to baking dish. Let rest 10 minutes before placing in oven. This actually creates a fluffier cornbread..
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean..
Simple ingredients dress up packaged corn muffin mix to create this super moist and flavorful Jiffy Mexican Style Cornbread with a cake-like texture. I grew up eating Jiffy cornbread, which we referred to as 'sweet cornbread'. We also made a more rustic, homemade cornbread that wasn't sweetened I never met a cornbread I didn't like, so I'm good with either! As long as I know which one I'm eating before I taste it. Best Ever Sausage & Cornbread Stuffing Dinnerbestfoods. red bell pepper, fat free reduced sodium chicken broth, Hellmann's or Best Foods.