A Fisherman's Recipe for Largehead Hairtail Sashimi. An expert led tutorial in preparing sashimi using tuna, salmon and halibut fish. Visit our main site for printable versions of our recipes! The largehead hairtail (Trichiurus lepturus) or beltfish is a member of the cutlassfish family, Trichiuridae.
Ingredients of A Fisherman's Recipe for Largehead Hairtail Sashimi
- You need 1 of Largehead hairtail.
- Prepare 1 of Kitchen brush.
- Prepare 1 of Coarse salt.
- Prepare 1/2 of Onion.
- Prepare 5 of to 6 Shiso leaves.
Sashimi is a dish of raw seafood or some other ingredient, sliced into bite-sized pieces and eaten with a condiment such as soy sauce. In the broad sense of the word, sashimi doesn't have to consist of seafood; it refers to savoring an ingredient on its own. Surrounded by ocean, Japan has had easy. Largehead hairtail much hunted by the fishermen.
A Fisherman's Recipe for Largehead Hairtail Sashimi instructions
- Remove the sliminess of the skin using a kitchen brush..
- It is easy to remove the silver-coloured scales using a kitchen brush..
- Rinse the fish well..
- Cut the upper part of the fish for grilling with salt because the belly has nice fat and gelatinous substance..
- Run the tip of your knife along the back bone of the fillet..
- Run the tip of your knife along the rib bone..
- Run the knife along the bone several times to remove the flesh from the bone..
- The tail doesn't have much flesh so grill it with salt..
- Again run your knife along the bone..
- I separated the flesh from the bone..
- Do the same at the back..
- Cut off the tail and grill it with salt! Deep-fry the bone to make crispy bone chips..
- I separated two fillets and a bone..
- To prepare for grilling, sprinkle both sides of the fish with salt. Chill in the fridge for about 1 hour..
- Cut the bone into bite sizes and deep-fry to make crispy bone chips..
- The fish was delicious!.
- Slice the onion lengthways very thinly and soak in water to garnish the dish..
- Spread sliced onion over your serving dish..
- Place a shiso leaf on your palm and slap it to bring out its fragrance. Place them on the sliced onion..
- Slice the fillet diagonally into 1.7-cm thickness..
- Arrange the sliced fillets on top of the vegetables..
- It is done. The skin was very crunchy! If you buy largehead hairtail sashimi from fishmonger they always remove the skin so you can't try it. I like it on the fish!.
- We will have the sashimi with scallop and chicken from Hokkaido, daggertooth pike conger rice in soup made Hiroshima-style, and Shizuoka-style chorizos and fishcake..
This is because the selling price of this type of fish is quite high. The Largehead Hairtail is a large, slender fish found in both Endless Ocean and Endless Ocean: Blue World. "These fish have long, skinny bodies that narrow to a thread-like spine. While their dorsal fins stretch the entire length of their backs, they have no ventral or tail fins. [Tachiuo: Largehead hairtail (Beltfish) ]. Expect for Hokkaido, beltfish inhabits around the sea in Japan. Especially it is very popular in East and West Japan.