You can cook Cornbread Casserole using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cornbread Casserole
- Prepare 1 Pound of Sweet Italian Sausage.
- Prepare 2 of Medium sized Peppers, sliced.
- It’s 1 of Large Onion, diced.
- You need 2 cloves of Garlic, diced.
- You need to taste of Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare 2 Tsp of Ground Oregano.
- You need 1 Tsp of Ground Basil.
- You need 1 Box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix or use my own cornbread recipe.
Cornbread Casserole step by step
- Put the broiler on in your oven. Cook the Italian Sausage 7 minutes on each other. When done, let it cool and slice it up into one inch pieces..
- In a medium pot over medium heat, add olive oil to the pot. Put Garlic into the pot and brown up the pieces..
- When the garlic is browned, add the onions. Cook the Onions until they are slightly translucent..
- Next, add the peppers to the pot. When the peppers are tender, add sausage to the pot. Cook everything together for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, set the Sausage & Peppers to the side to cool..
- Preheat the oven to 400 Degrees..
- Grease a 13×9 Casserole Dish, then add the Sausage & Peppers..
- Mix the Jiffy Corn Muffin according to the box. Pour the mixture over the Sausage & Peppers, then spread the mixture over the Sausage & Peppers..
- Place the Casserole Dish into the oven and cook for 20-30 minutes. Dip a toothpick into the cornbread mixture and if it comes out clean, then it is ready..
- Serve and Enjoy!.