Hot rice soup (Chao). "Chao Ga" or rice porridge (or Congee) with chicken meat is a common street food in Vietnam and you will surprise that it really tastes quite well even in the hot tropical temperature like in the Vietnamese deep south province like Soc Trang. The rice gets soft and it's very comforting when sick. You can use just long grain white rice if you do not have glutinous rice.
The traditional hot and sour soup recipe call for Chinese dry shiitake mushroom. Soak the mushrooms in water until it is fully hydrated and become very soft and easy to cut. The time required varies from an hour to two or three hours, as it depends on the thickness of the mushrooms. You can cook Hot rice soup (Chao) using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Hot rice soup (Chao)
- It’s 3 piece of vegetarian bouillon cubes.
- Prepare 1 cup of White uncooked rice.
- You need 1 cup of diced of each vegetables: carrot, celery, potato, broccoli, oyster mushrooms. (any vegetables will do).
- You need 1 cup of each of diced tofu, konyaku, vegetarian fish.
- Prepare 1 packages of dry bean curd – broken into smaller pieces.
- It’s 1 piece of ginger – chopped finely (ginger piece the size of your thumb).
- Prepare 1 bunch of cilantro.
- It’s 1 packages of Frozen chay quay or Chinese bread sticks.
- You need 1 each of lime – wedges.
Hot Rice Soup is a restaurant located in Seoul, South Korea. Based on the name, it is a place that serves hot rice Soup. Master Swordsman took Dark and Choco Bibi to this place in an attempt to cheer Dark up after Helen was captured by Giga. The literal translation of '뜨끈한 국밥' is 'Hot Gukbap'.
Hot rice soup (Chao) instructions
- Fill large pot 2/3 full of water, add rice and vegetable bouillon, put on stove on high heat..
- Dice hardy vegetables first, such as carrots, potato, celery, etc. And add to boiling pot as you finished each one. Good way to clean out your fridge. All vegetables are optional, whatever you have in the fridge. Use small chopper machine to finely chop ginger fast..
- Add tofu, dry bean curd, vegetarian fish, konyaku (zero calories).
- Fill bowl with water and use strainer to remove suds in boiling pot, and clean the strainer from water in bowl, but keep the good soup in the pot. When bowl is full of suds, dump suds out in sink and get new water to continue removing suds as needed. The pot should still be boiling, about 30 to 40 min during the time you take to dice everything up, then turn off stove and it's ready to serve steaming hot..
- Serve soup topped with ground pepper, chopped cilantro leaves, squeeze of lime, toast chinese breadstick in the oven and cut into bite size pieces. (optional chopped peanut and bean sprouts.) I finely cut the cilantro stems and throw them in the pot. No need to waste them..
In fact, cháo rice soup is all-weather fare, and can be enjoyed at all times of the day. A Chicken and Rice Soup made by cooking chicken pieces in the broth which yields a beautiful savoury, golden soup without having This Chicken and Rice Soup recipe is a terrific base for adding your own touch. It's slurp-worthy delicious as it is, but can take more veggies, more herbs, a squeeze. By cooking the rice before it is added to the soup, you will enjoy the crunchy texture with the other flavors in this delicious soup. When it is hot, add shrimp and chicken mixture.