Italian-Style Wheat Bread. This Italian Style Durum Wheat Bread, with its gorgeous gold color, airy crumb, and chewy crust, might just be my new favorite bread. I love the flavor of this Italian Style Durum Wheat Bread, and I'm so happy with the look and chew of the crust and crumb. "What is durum?" you ask! International chef Amy Riolo demonstrates how to make a hearty no knead Italian wheat bread.
Posted for a request, but I haven't made it myself. Add salt and bread flour; beat well. Stir in whole wheat flour to make a stiff dough. You can have Italian-Style Wheat Bread using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Italian-Style Wheat Bread
- You need 1 1/4 cup of warm water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of light brown sugar.
- You need 1 pinch of ground ginger.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of bread flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of wheat flour.
- You need 2 1/4 tsp of active dry yeast.
A gorgeous golden loaf of semolina bread, or Italian bread. It's made with regular wheat flour and durum flour. The crust is crackly and the texture creamy and just plain A dairy trifecta of butter, milk, and half & half give these Portuguese-style donuts their distinctive richness and luscious texture. The Italian bread, on the other hand, had more flavor. (Yeah, even back then I was a bread connoisseur.) Now I know that there's more to real Semolina is my secret weapon for flavor, but this time I decided to add some white whole wheat as well.
Italian-Style Wheat Bread instructions
- For use with a bread machine, add all ingredients in the order listed and set to the wheat bread setting (some machines may vary). If your machine has a 'keep warm' feature, remove promptly to avoid overcooking the crust. Allow to cool completely before slicing..
- For traditional baking methods, use the following steps: In large bowl, whisk together yeast, brown sugar, ginger and water. Let sit for 5 to 10 minutes, or until a foam has developed..
- Add the salt and both types of flour and mix well..
- Remove dough and place on a lightly floured surface to knead for 10 minutes..
- In a clean bowl, add a teaspoon of olive oil to lightly grease the surface and transfer dough to bowl to rise. Turn dough in bowl to coat with oil and allow to sit in a warm environment for one hour, or until doubled in size..
- Lightly grease a large baking sheet and set aside..
- Punch down dough and return to lightly floured surface. Divide in half and shape into long loaves, pinching the edges to seal..
- Transfer loaves, seem side down, to baking sheet and allow to rise for another 45 minutes..
- Using a sharp knife, make 3 to 4 diagonal slices across the top of the dough..
- Preheat oven to 400°F and bake for 15 – 20 minutes..
- Let bread cool completely before slicing..
The more I use the stuff, the more I like it, and. Comprehensive nutrition resource for Villagio Italian Style Wheat Bread. Nutritional Information, Diet Info and Calories in Italian Style Wheat Bread from Villagio. How to make Durum Wheat Italian Bread Rolls with a soft and moist crumb and a delicious crunchy crust! They are everything you want bread rolls to be: airy and soft crumb on the inside and crunchy crust on the outside.