Ingredients of Easter Fishballs
- It’s 400 grams of cod.
- Prepare 1 cup of chickpeas.
- It’s 1/2 cup of fresh parsley.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of pumpkin seeds.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- Prepare 2 of garlic.
- It’s of Juice of 1/2 lemon.
- It’s of Zest of one lemon.
- You need 3 slices of (glutenfree) bread.
- It’s 3 tbs of olive oil.
- It’s of Spices.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of cumin seeds.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground paprika powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of blackpepper.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
Easter Fishballs instructions
- Use canned chickpeas, let it dry. or Soak your chickpeas overnight: mind that you just need 1 cup of chickpeas and can use the rest of the chickpeas for something else..
- Toast your (gluten free) bread until it's crispy..
- Prepare your kitchen machine. Chop your onion, garlic, parsley. Grate the lemon peel and squeeze out the lemon juice. Rinse your cod fillet, squeeze out the water firmly, it does not matter if the fish texture is damaged as it will be mixed anyway..
- Use handful of breadcrumbs for the mixture of the fishballs. Use the rest of the toast to Crumble the toast bread into very small breadcrumbs that can be used perfectly for coating the fishballs before you fry them. This will give a crispy layer..
- Once mixed, roll your fishballs and set them on a plate (should be around 16). And put them in the fridge for 1-2 hours to stiffen the paste..
- Take the fish balls out of the fridge, put your crumbs in a bowl or on a plate. Roll your fish balls in the breadcrumbs to coat them..
- Heat up your oil and fry your meatballs until they are brown and crispy! Make sure to not burn them!.