Bread Machine Chalah. I have a two pound bread machine and use it to make the Challah dough. I first shared this bread machine challah recipe over two years ago, when I was just starting the blog. Use a bread machine to mix and knead this honey-sweetened Challah recipe (dairy-free).
It's perfect for Easter and the holidays. The ingredients are simple and dough is easy. I don't use the bread machine method, making the dough in my Kenwood mixer and giving the final knead by hand, then braiding the challah and baking it in the oven. You can have Bread Machine Chalah using 9 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bread Machine Chalah
- You need 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- You need 5 Tbs of Honey.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Vegetable Oilg.
- It’s 1 tsp of Salt.
- You need 2 of Eggs.
- It’s 4 cups of Bread Flour.
- You need 3 tsp of Yeast.
- Prepare 1 of Egg, beaten.
Sign up for our Nosher recipe newsletter! The bread machine takes the guesswork out of making the bread dough, and you get to shape this rich, traditional loaf. Challah is traditional, egg bread used for the Jewish Sabbath. It is often presented in the shape of a beautiful braid.
Bread Machine Chalah instructions
- Add ingredients(except beaten egg) in bread machine.x.
- Set machine to DOUGH CYCLE and hit START..
- Watch dough knead as you might have to add a bit of water or flour..
- Towards the end if the DOUGH CYCLE rise you might have to punch down dough as it rises a lot..
- At the end of the DOUGH CYCLE take out dough and split it in two..
- Take each half and cut it in 3 pieces..
- Braid dough pieces..
- Place braids on cookie pan lined with parchment paper..
- Cover with a damp cloth..
- Set oven to 350 and let braids rise for 1 hour..
- Beat egg in small bowl..
- Uncover braids and brush egg on Chalahs..
- Place in oven for 40 minutes..
- Take sharp knife and poke center. You want the knife to come up dry. If not dry put back in oven for 5 minutes..
- Let Chalahs cool..
- Shabbat shalom!!.
Challah is sweet and chewy bread that is a favorite for breakfast. Turn the machine to dough cycle (or go ahead and set for regular white bread if you want to make a challah loaf). See more ideas about Bread, Bread machine, Challah bread. Use the dough cycle of your bread machine to make two delicious loaves of cinnamon-walnut bread. Last week, the bread machine was put back into action, and is once again in a place of honor in the kitchen.