Finnish Pulla for Bread Machine. A unique bread with a sweet flavor that makes a wonderful holiday gift! Your bread machine makes this pulla bread recipe easier. If you've never had Finnish Pulla Bread, now is your chance!
Salt will negate the action of the. Pulla (Finnish) or nisu (Finnish) is a type of dessert or pastry flavored with cardamom. It's served as coffee table treat with coffee or tea, and typically all around the year. You can have Finnish Pulla for Bread Machine using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Finnish Pulla for Bread Machine
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/4 cup of water, lukewarm.
- Prepare 3 of eggs, 1 egg reserved for glaze.
- Prepare 4 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of ground cardamom.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of yeast.
- You need 1/4 cup of butter, cut into 4 chunks.
- Prepare 1-2 tablespoons of pearl sugar for topping loaves.
In Finland pulla is typical in cafeterias where it is considered as a sign of quality of the place. Finnish Pulla Recipe – my mom's recipe for a traditional Finnish bread scented with fragrant cardamom! Perfect for special mornings, gatherings, holidays or afternoon tea. Leave something of sweetness and substance in the mouth of the world.~Anna.
Finnish Pulla for Bread Machine step by step
- Place milk, water, and 2 lightly beaten eggs in bread machine pan..
- Add flour, sugar, salt, cardamom in pan, then top with yeast and butter. Program bread machine to dough setting..
- Remove dough from bread machine pan and place on lightly floured surface. Divide dough into 3 equal pieces. Roll each piece of dough into 10-14 inch strand and braid like you would hair. Pinch and tuck ends under and place on greased or parchment covered baking sheet. Lightly cover with clean kitchen towel and let rise for about 30-45 minutes..
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Beat remaining egg and gently brush on loaf top and sides with pastry brush. Sprinkle with pearl sugar. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until light golden brown. Cool on wire rack, then slice to serve..
Braided Cardamom Bread, or Finnish Pulla, is a great bread for the new bread baker with a special herbal, citrus character. It makes two delicious loaves, but the dough is excellent for cinnamon rolls, too. I always feel so accomplished when I can say that I baked my own bread. Finnish Pulla Bread Recipe – Braided Sweet Bread with cardamom, raisins and almonds. This is a bread machine version of Finnish Pulla, which tastes just like my grandmother's Swedish cardamom bread.