Cheap if You Make Them Yourself! Ichigo Daifuku (Strawberry Mochi Dumplings).
You can cook Cheap if You Make Them Yourself! Ichigo Daifuku (Strawberry Mochi Dumplings) using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cheap if You Make Them Yourself! Ichigo Daifuku (Strawberry Mochi Dumplings)
- You need 120 grams of Shiratamako.
- You need 180 ml of Water.
- Prepare 20 ml of Sugar.
- You need 20 of to 50 ml Water to adjust (may not be needed).
- Prepare 12 small of Strawberries.
- You need 1 of An (sweet adzuki bean paste).
- You need 1 of Katakuriko.
Cheap if You Make Them Yourself! Ichigo Daifuku (Strawberry Mochi Dumplings) step by step
- Put the shiratamako and water in a heatproof container. This makes it easier to dissolve the shiratamako..
- Wash, de-hull, and dry the strawberries, and wrap in sweet bean paste..
- Mix the mixture from Step 1 with your hands until there are no lumps. Add sugar and combine..
- Cover with plastic wrap, and microwave for 2 minutes at 600 W. (The middle is not cooked through yet in the photo.).
- Knead the dough. If it's stiff, add a little water and knead again. When it's no longer floury, cover again and microwave for another 2 minutes..
- Knead the dough over with your hands or a silicone spatula. Repeat the knead → microwave for 1 minute steps about 2 times until the dough is no longer floury..
- Take the dough out onto a board covered with katakuriko, and divide into portions. Work quickly from this step! See Hints..
- Stretch the dough out with your hands and wrap around the bean paste covered strawberries. I tried cutting one in half..
- This is a variation with yomogi (mugwort) powder mixed into the dough..
- In this version, the dough is coated with kinako (toasted soy bean powder), and eaten with brown sugar syrup..