Wrapped Ichigo Daifuku (Strawberry Dumplings) For Girls' Day Festival.
Ingredients of Wrapped Ichigo Daifuku (Strawberry Dumplings) For Girls' Day Festival
- You need 3 of to 5 medium Strawberries.
- Prepare 160 grams of Tsubu-an (chunky azuki bean paste), or shiro-an (smooth white bean paste).
- You need 60 grams of Shiratamako.
- It’s 40 grams of Joshinko.
- It’s 40 of to 50 grams Sugar.
- Prepare 140 ml of Water.
- It’s 1 of Katakuriko.
Wrapped Ichigo Daifuku (Strawberry Dumplings) For Girls' Day Festival step by step
- Divide the tsubu-an into 10 g portions. Slice the strawberries in half lengthwise, if they're big, slice into quarters..
- Put the shiratama-ko, joshin-ko, sugar and a little water in a heatproof bowl and mix very well. Try to dissolve the shiratama-ko as much as possible..
- Cover the bowl loosely with plastic wrap and place on the edge of the microwave oven turntable. Microwave for 1 minute and mix well. Microwave for another 30 seconds and mix, microwave again for 30 seconds and mix (The dough will become quite firm.).
- Dust a cutting board lightly with katakuriko, spread the dough on top, sprinkle katakuriko on top, cover with plastic wrap and roll out to about 2 mm thick with a rolling pin..
- Cut 12 square pieces of dough. Place the anko and piece of strawberry on each dough square, and fold in the bottom → left → right in that order to wrap..
- The aim is to make them look like hina dolls, so don't reverse the left and right order..
- This dough can be used to make shiso mochi or yatsuhashi too..