Mini Strawberry Daifuku.
You can cook Mini Strawberry Daifuku using 6 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mini Strawberry Daifuku
- It’s 8 of Strawberries.
- It’s 50 grams of Shiratamako.
- Prepare 50 grams of Sugar.
- You need 70 ml of Water.
- You need 100 grams of Filling (store-bought anko works).
- Prepare 1 of Katakuriko.
Mini Strawberry Daifuku step by step
- Wash the strawberries and remove the stems. Leave 4 whole and cut the other 4 into small pieces..
- Mash the strawberry pieces with a fork and strain to separate the juice..
- Add water to the strawberry juice until you have about 75 ml worth of liquid..
- Mix the anko with the crushed strawberries and heat in a pan to reduce the liquid (this will make the filling firmer and easier to shape)..
- When the filling has cooled, separate into 4 balls..
- Combine the shiratamako and sugar in a microwave-safe bowl and gradually stir in the strawberry water from Step 3 with a wooden spatula or rice ladle..
- When it's smooth, lightly cover with cling wrap and microwave for 1 minute at 500 W..
- After microwaving, remove and mix well. Cover again and microwave for 1 more minute. Repeat this twice (3 minutes in total)..
- After the third time, it should firm up like the picture above, so mix well until it's one big lump, sprinkle katakuriko, and transfer to a pan or plate..
- Coat your hand with katakuriko and separate the dough into 4 portions. Flatten each in the palm of your hand, add a chunk of anko filling and a strawberry, fold the dough, and it's done!.
- If you line them up, they look a bit like Little Red Riding Hood looking at a distance. These would be perfect for Girl's Day as well!.
- If you don't add strawberry to the dough or filling, you can make an even easier version. (See..